The Last Time BYU Football Beat Utah…
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The last time the BYU Cougars took down the Utah Utes in the rivalry game between the two schools was on November 28, 2009.
After falling to the Utes in 2008, the Cougars rebounded a year later.
In 2009, BYU beat Utah in overtime to capture the rivalry game, 26-23.
It was the Cougars’ third rival win in four years, but their final victory for a least a decade.
Utah has won the last nine meetings against BYU.
The last time BYU beat Utah in football…
Here are some famous events that occurred in 2009, the last year in which the Cougars beat the Utes:
- Swine Flu Pandemic
- New York Yankees beat Philadelphia Phillies, to win the franchise’s record 27th title
Derek Jeter reflects on capturing his 5th ring. pic.twitter.com/7r16t5jCAZ
— YES Network (@YESNetwork) November 4, 2016
- Barack Obama is sworn in as 44th President of the United States, becoming the first African-American to hold the office
- Bitcoin created
- The average price of gasoline was $2.64 per gallon on November 23, 2009
- “Avatar” becomes highest-grossing film of all time
'Avatar' is once again the highest-grossing movie of all-time, surpassing 'Avengers: Endgame' upon its recent re-release. pic.twitter.com/8difquDT2B
— Lights, Camera, Pod (@LightsCameraPod) March 13, 2021
- Cristiano Ronaldo awarded FIFA World Player of the Year for the first time
- Los Angeles Lakers beat Orlando Magic to win 2009 NBA Finals
- Microsoft releases “Windows 7” operating system
ON THIS DAY – In 2009 Microsoft released not only the Windows 7 Operating system, but also Server 2008 R2. Although there are many versions of Windows OS, Windows 7 stood for the 7th kernel update. #OnThisDay pic.twitter.com/TxWUvY9QT8
— DesignSpark (@DesignSparkRS) October 22, 2019
- Brazilian soccer star Neymar makes his professional debut
- Michael Jackson passes away at the age of 50
ON THIS DAY – June 25, 2009 was a sad day in the music world, as Michael Jackson, who is renowned globally as the “King of Pop”, passes away at the age of 50 at his home in Los Angeles, California. pic.twitter.com/eNpQZnKBOT
— Archive (@ArchiveInt) June 25, 2021
- The average home sale price in Salt Lake City (84105) was $265,000
- Pittsburgh Penguins beat Detroit Red Wings to win 2009 Stanley Cup
- iPhone 3GS released
— VentureBeat (@VentureBeat) June 15, 2018
- “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” video game released
- “Miracle on the Hudson” – 155 passengers rescued after US Airways Flight 1549 crashes into the Hudson River
Miracle on the Hudson. #OTD in 2009, US Airways Flight 1549 made an emergency landing in the Hudson River after a flock of birds struck and disabled the engines of the Airbus 320 moments after takeoff. Everyone on board survived. pic.twitter.com/CRnuxE3dAm
— National Air and Space Museum (@airandspace) January 15, 2021
- “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys was the No. 1 song on November 28, 2009
- “The Bling Side” and “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” sit atop box office after one week in theaters
- Utah Jazz beat Portland Trail Blazers, 108-92, on November 28, 2009, to improve to a 9-7 record
- Florida Gators ranked No. 1 in the AP Top 25 College Football Poll on November 28, 2009
— Capital One Orange Bowl (@OrangeBowl) April 3, 2020
- Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Arizona Cardinals to win Super Bowl XLIII in February 2009