How to Choose Running Shoes for Men and Women That Are Comfortable and Help You Run Correctly
Jul 26, 2021, 9:55 AM | Updated: 1:25 pm
If you’re wondering how to choose running shoes that help you run correctly and keep you comfortable, look no further.
There are many things that make a good running shoe comfortable. It’s important to find the best fit to minimize running injuries and help improve your form.
(If you aren’t familiar with all the different parts of a running shoe, here’s a quick guide).
1. Start with Running Shoes for Men and Women That Foster Correct Foot Placement
Technically, correct running means landing on the center of your foot, not the heel or ball. The best running shoes are designed to ensure this correct placement.
2. Make Sure the Toe Box Leaves Sufficient Room for Flexing Toes
You don’t want a shoe that cramps your style. Select a toe box that allows your toes to spread naturally as you run.
3. Select Upper Fabric That’s Shaped Like Your Foot
The upper fabric, or the netted material on the top of the shoe, should be the same shape as your foot. Additionally, there shouldn’t be any chafing or roughness to the fabric.
4. Choose a Shoe with a Heel Collar
If you are an avid runner, research shows that the heel collar is an important element of a running shoe. While heel counters do not offer motion control, they do stabilize the heel to ensure a centered landing.
5. Pay Attention to How the Ankle Collar Fits You
Does your heel slip? Is the collar resting too close to your ankle bone? All of these things will impact comfort in the long run.
6. Notice How the Saddle Fits Your Foot
You’ll want a shoe saddle that allows the arch of your foot to rest naturally, while also providing a secure fit. There shouldn’t be any slipping, nor should the fit be so tight it cuts off circulation.
- What Kind of Runner Are You? Take This Quiz to See Your Running Personality Type
- Where Should You Explore Utah in Your Brand New Audi? Take This Quiz and Find Out!