KSL Sports To Stream Utah Warriors Rugby Matches
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – KSL Sports and the Utah Warriors announced a partnership to stream their rugby matches on KSLSports.com or the KSL TV app.
“In our fourth year of operation we’re excited to bring this innovative broadcast strategy to Warriors Nation,” said CEO and GM of the Utah Warriors, Kimball Kjar, “As the sports world moves towards exclusive digital viewing strategies, we’re excited to bring our brand and this great sport to Utah’s leader in both linear and digital media in KSL. Our fans locally and rugby fans globally will be able to watch and listen to the Warriors on any device, including their phone, tablets, computers, and TVs.”
The Utah Warriors will play 16 matches in the 2021 Major League Rugby (MLR) regular season before a possible post-season berth in late-July. All 16 games will be potentially streamed on the KSL Sports platforms with the exception of MLR national broadcast games. Details on the MLR national broadcast schedule are still being finalized.
“We are excited to partner with the Utah Warriors for the 2021 season, and stream their games on KSLSports.com and the KSL TV app,” said KSL Sports Director Nate Dowdle. “Rugby’s popularity continues to expand in the state of Utah, and we’re thrilled to grow with the Major League Rugby franchise in the Beehive State.”
Jarom Jordan will call the action while Jared “Banksy” Danielson will handle the analysis on the broadcast of every Utah Warriors match this season. KSL Sports has complete coverage of the Warriors that can be found, here.
In addition, KSL will host W_Nation (“Dub Nation”), a weekly breakdown of all things Utah Warriors, hosted by Jordan and Danielson. The show will be broadcast on both the KSL Sports’ and Utah Warriors social media channels and will be hosted as a podcast through KSL Sports.
Here is the full schedule for the Warriors this season.
- @ Austin Gilgronis, Saturday, March 20 at 7 p.m. MT
- vs. Toronto Arrows, Saturday, March 27 at 7 p.m. MT
- @ New England Freejacks, Saturday, April 3 at 7 p.m. MT
- vs. Seattle Seawolves, Saturday, April 10 at 7 p.m. MT
- @ San Diego Legion, Saturday, April 17 at 4 p.m. MT
- vs. Houston Sabercats, Saturday, April 24 at 7 p.m. MT
- vs. Old Glory DC, Saturday, May 8 at 7 p.m. MT
- @ Los Angeles Giltinis, Saturday, May 15 at 5:30 p.m. MT
- @ NOLA Gold, Saturday, May 22 at 7 p.m. MT
- vs. Austin Gilgronis, Saturday, May 29 at 7 p.m. MT
- @ Seattle Seawolves, Saturday, June 6 at 5 p.m. MT
- vs. San Diego Legion, Saturday, June 12 at 7 p.m. MT
- @ New York, Saturday, June 19 at 2 p.m. MT
- @ Houston Sabercats, Friday, June 26 at 7 p.m. MT
- vs. ATL Rugby, Saturday, July 10 at 7 p.m. MT
- vs. Los Angeles Giltinis, Saturday, July 17 at 7 p.m. MT
Tickets are available at www.WarriorsRugby.com or by contacting the ticket office at email@example.com.
Download the KSL TV app here to watch all 16 matches for the Warriors. The KSL TV app is available on Amazon Fire, Roku and fourth-generation Apple TV devices, as well as on Apple iOS and Android mobile platforms. The app can be found by searching for “KSL TV” in the different app stores.