Jazz At Magic: Game Thread
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Welcome into the KSL Sports Game Thread as the Utah Jazz travel to Orlando to take on the Magic.
The Jazz lost last night to the Miami Heat 124-116 on the first stop of the four-game road trip.
The Magic meanwhile were blown out on Thursday night by Brooklyn Nets.
Follow this page throughout the night for updates on pregame quotes, starting lineups, and thoughts and highlights during the game.
Coming off a rare loss, Jazz coach Quin Snyder discussed how his team handles losses this season.
“I really believe the competition itself is what teaches you about your team, and if that’s a win or a loss, oftentimes, a loss, things become more clear,” Snyder said. “We haven’t had a chance this year to watch as much film, so when a game is particularly fresh, even if it’s on a back-to-back, I think it’s important for us to understand why we didn’t play well.”
- The Orlando Magic are not handling the Jazz pick and roll well. However, the Jazz look a little sloppy to start the game.
- The Jazz are doing the thing where they don’t know who is supposed to get everyone involved without Mike Conley in the lineup, usually it settles down once the Jazz get into their normal rotation with Jordan Clarkson in the game.
- Clarkson is not shy after a bad game last night and has come out firing. He’s got 7 points on 3-6 shooting in the first quarter.
- No momentum for either team, but the Jazz have had the easiest time running their go to offense with Rudy Gobert in the pick and roll. Quiet quarter for Donovan Mitchell.
- All Magic to start the quarter, and they build a 29-22 lead.
- The Jazz are going to need to get something from Donovan Mitchell in this game.
- After a timeout, the Jazz come out blistering from three, and five of their last six makes are from downtown.
- Offical Bill Kennedy gets hurt and will leave the game. Only two officials left now for this game.
- Jazz are 4-11 from the free-throw line.
- Donovan Mitchell has the Jazz first 5 points of the half.
- Nikola Vucevic is doing a nice job on drag threes after Gobert retreats too deep into the paint.
- The Jazz are starting to pull away and have built a 13-point lead.
- Overtime the Jazz three-point shooting just becomes hard to keep pace with.
- Donovan Mitchell saved his energy for the second half. Nice for the Jazz to know he can flip the switch in games likes this.
- Miye Oni has hit a few threes in addition to his traditional solid defense. The shooting will be key for him ever finding the floor for the Jazz.
- Jazz rebuild their lead to 15 and look to be coasting to a victory.
- Mitchell continues his dominance and is up to 24 points on 7-15 shooting.
- Over time the Jazz, the attack just takes hold, especially the guard line in games like this.
- Magic hanging around and have cut the Jazz lead to 12 with four minutes left to play.