Former Weber State Star Damian Lillard Named To All-Star Team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Damian Lillard is headed to another All-Star game. The former Weber State product and current Portland Trail Blazers star was named an All-Star reserve by the NBA’s coaches after narrowly missing out on a starting bid last week.
The nod marks Lillard’s sixth selection to the All-Star team and his fourth consecutive appearance.
Lillard is averaging 29.8 points, good for fourth-most in the NBA while dishing out 7.9 assists and grabbing 4.3 rebounds.
The Blazers guard has kept Portland afloat during a season plagued with injuries. Backcourt mate CJ McCollum has missed 17 straight games with a foot injury, while big man Jusif Nurkic has missed 18 games with a broken wrist.
The Blazers sit at 18-12 and currently own the fifth seed in the Western Conference playoff chase.
Lillard is one of 12 players to be named to the Western Conference All-Star team. Golden State Warriors guard Steph Curry and Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic will make up the West’s starting guard. Los Angles Clippers forward Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James, and Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic make up the team’s starting frontcourt.
Lillard will join Utah Jazz stars Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert, Clippers forward Paul George, Phoenix Suns guard Chris Paul, New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson, and Lakers forward Anthony Davis among reserves.
Davis is currently suffering from an Achilles injury and won’t play in the March 7 game, leaving commissioner Adam Silver to name a replacement for the Lakers star.
Last week Jazz coach Quin Snyder was named head coach of the Western Conference All-Star team and will oversee Team LeBron during the event.
The All-Star game will be played in Atlanta, with the three-point shooting contest, dunk contest, and skills challenge all taking place on the same night.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)