Utah Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Named To All-Star Team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert has been named an All-Star for the second consecutive season. The big man was voted in by the NBA’s coaches as one of seven reserves to represent the Western Conference in the game.
Gobert is in the midst of a terrific season averaging 13.9 points, 13.5 rebounds, and a career-high 2.8 blocks per game. The center is also the anchor for the league’s second-best defense and sits atop the NBA’s Defensive Player of the Year rankings.
The Jazz own the best record in the NBA at 25-6 and sit three and a half games ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers who are ranked second in the West.
Gobert made his All-Star debut last season playing for team Giannis alongside Jazz teammate Donovan Mitchell. The big man scored 20 points, grabbed 11 rebounds, and handed out two assists in a losing effort.
The two-time Defensive Player of the Year will be joined by Mitchell among All-Star reserves. The Jazz guard is making his second All-Star appearance after averaging 24.5 points, 5.2 assists, and 4.4 rebounds per game while shooting 43 percent from the floor and 39 percent from the three-point line.
The Jazz stars will join Lillard, Phoenix Suns guard Chris Paul, Clippers forward Paul George, and New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson.
Lakers forward Anthony Davis was also named to the All-Star team, but a lingering Achilles injury will keep him out of the game. NBA commissioner Adam Silver gets to name an injury replacement for the roster.
Last week Jazz coach Quin Snyder was named head coach of the Western Conference All-Star team and will oversee Team LeBron during the event.
The All-Star game will be played in Atlanta on March 7. The game, along with the three-point shooting contest, dunk contest, and skills challenge will all take place on the same night.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)