Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Named To All-Star Team
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Donovan Mitchell has been named an All-Star for the second consecutive season. The Utah Jazz guard was voted in by the NBA’s coaches as one of seven reserves on the Western Conference roster.
Mitchell is in the midst of a career year in all three major statistical categories. The guard is averaging 24.5 points, 5.2 assists, and 4.4 rebounds per game while shooting 43 percent from the floor and 39 percent from the three-point line.
Mitchell’s resume was also bolstered as the leading scorer on the best team in the NBA. As of Tuesday night, the Jazz are 25-6 and sit three and a half games ahead of the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers in the west.
Mitchell made his All-Star debut last season playing for team Giannis alongside Jazz teammate Rudy Gobert. The guard scored seven points, grabbed five rebounds, and handed out four assists on 3-10 shooting in a losing effort.
The Jazz star earned the fourth-most votes among backcourt players in last Thursday’s final All-Star starters vote.
Only Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic, and Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard received more combined votes from fans, players, and the media.
Mitchell will be joined by Gobert among All-Star reserves. The Jazz center is making his second All-Star appearance after averaging 13.9 points, 13.5 rebounds, and a career-high 2.8 blocks per game.
The Jazz stars will join Lillard, Phoenix Suns guard Chris Paul, Clippers forward Paul George, and New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson.
Lakers forward Anthony Davis was also named to the All-Star team, but a lingering Achilles injury will keep him out of the game. NBA commissioner Adam Silver gets to name Davis’ replacement for the roster.
Last week Jazz coach Quin Snyder was named head coach of the Western Conference All-Star team and will oversee Team LeBron during the event.
The All-Star game will be played in Atlanta on March 7. The game, along with the three-point shooting contest, dunk contest, and skills challenge will all take place on the same night.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)