Mountain West Basketball Tournament To Be Held Without Fans
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Mountain West Conference announced that the basketball tournaments will be held without fans this season due to COVID-19.
Mountain West officials made the decision on Monday, February 22 that fans will not be permitted to attend either the men’s or women’s basketball tournaments.
They determined that they weren’t able to accommodate fans for the tournaments. The Mountain West will restrict entry to the Thomas & Mack Center to participating teams, game officials, tournament staff, TV partners, limited credentialed media and other support personnel included on the team’s official pass list.
The men’s tournament will take place from March 10-13, while the women’s tourney will be from March 7-10.
“The support of our fans has made the Mountain West Tournament one of the most thrilling events in college basketball on an annual basis,” said Mountain West Commissioner Craig Thompson. “The health and well-being of our student-athletes and coaches are of vital importance. We are best able to provide a clean and controlled environment by only permitting those directly involved with the tournament’s conduct into the facility. It is also essential to protect the opportunity for those teams who are successful in advancing to compete in the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships according to the protocols established for those events.”
Every women’s game will be streamed on the Mountain West Network. The championship game will be televised on CBS Sports Network on Wednesday, March 10. All first round games of the men’s tournament will be streamed on the Mountain West Network. CBS Sports Network will broadcast the quarterfinals and semifinals. The championship game will be televised on CBS on Saturday, March 13.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)