Tony Finau Foundation, Utah, Celebrates Fourth Annual ‘Tony Finau Day’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Four years ago on February 22nd Utah’s then Governor, Gary Herbert, announced that today will be now known as Tony Finau day in Utah.
Happy Tony Finau Day!
Each year on February 22nd, the Tony Finau Foundation celebrates the day by trying to act more like Finau by inspiring someone.
“In 2020 we started a goal setting initiative to help elementary school age children identify a S.M.A.R.T goal and step out the process to get there. Tony kicked it off for us by sharing his 2020 goal at the time, to qualify for and play in the 2020 Olympic Games,” the Finau Foundation website states. “Due to the extenuating circumstances of 2020,, the Olympic Games were delayed to 2021, and this goal remains in play!”
S.M.A.R.T stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Specific.
“Tony is a prime example of setting S.M.A.R.T goals. Each year he takes the time to set yearly goals and then breaks them down into mini goals to work on daily, weekly, and monthly. Part of stepping out your goals is checking in on the progress. This doesn’t mean your goal needs to be completed, rather it’s making sure you’re on track and on pace to finish by the deadline you set,” the website adds.
Back To The Range
Finau lost to Max Homa in a sudden-death playoff following four rounds at the Genesis Open. It was his third loss in a playoff since his career began and his fourth consecutive second-place finish. Finau has only won once on the PGA Tour, his lone win came in 2016 at the Puerto Rico Open.
This week, Finau is expected to be in the field for the WGC Championship in Mexico. It will be his final tournament before teeing it up at The Players Championship in the middle of March.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)