Former Utah G Delon Wright Has Career Night In Pistons Win Over Sixers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah Utes and current Detroit Pistons guard Delon Wright had a career night in their win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
The former Utah standout Delon Wright had a career-high 28 points, along with 7 rebounds and 9 assists, 2 steals and a block for the Pistons.
Wright shot 8-of-12 from the field, 4-for-8 from the three-point line and made 8 of his 9 free throws in 36 minutes. The former first round draft pick got the start at point guard for Detroit.
This season, Wright has scored in double figures in six games and has started in 12 games and the last 10 contests. Wright is averaging 8 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game, while shooting 40 percent from the floor and 35 percent from beyond the arc.
After getting drafted in the first round with the 20th overall pick by the Toronto Raptors in the 2015 NBA Draft, Wright spent three and a half seasons with the Raptors from 2015-2019.
He was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, with C.J. Miles and Jonas Valenciunas for Marc Gasol, and played 26 games for the franchise. In those 26 games, he posted 12.2 points, 5.4 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game.
Wright then signed with the Grizzlies and was traded to the Dallas Mavericks on the same day. The former Ute averaged 6.9 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 73 games played.
During this off-season, Wright was involved in a three-team trade that sent him to the Detroit Pistons. Unfortunately for Wright, the Pistons have struggled this season. Their win over the Sixers was their fourth of the season.
- Casey Scott Reflects On The Darkest Days Of His Life While Staying Positive About The Future - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1576)
- Tony Finau Loses The Genesis Invitational In Playoff - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- UHSAA Releases 2020-21 State Basketball Championship Brackets (pageviews: 758)
- Utah HC Larry Krystkowiak Reacts To Double Dribble Call In Oregon Loss (pageviews: 652)
- Jazz Set Franchise Record For Most Threes In A Single Game In Win Over Hornets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 545)
- BYU Basketball Rounding Into NCAA Form With Blowout Win Over LMU (pageviews: 430)
- Game Night Live Rewind: Top Plays From Final Week Of Boys Hoops' Regular Season - KSL Sports (pageviews: 369)
- Jazz C Rudy Gobert Blocks Dunk Attempt By Hornets Rookie LaMelo Ball - KSL Sports (pageviews: 336)
- Why Do The Jazz Lose Games? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 318)