Kemery Martin Has Career Night In Massive Road Win For Utah Women’s Hoops
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah women’s basketball guard Kemery Martin had a career night in the Utes’ 65-51 road win over Arizona State on Sunday.
Kemery Martin recorded a career-high 25 points for Utah, while shooting 10-of-12 from the field and a perfect 5-for-5 from the three-point line. Brynna Maxwell added 11 points in the win that snapped a four-game losing streak.
Head coach Lynne Roberts talked about Martin’s performance after the game.
“She really had it going and that is just her game,” Roberts said. “I am figuring out the best ways to coach her and get her to play to her strengths. It is fun to watch her get going like that. It wasn’t just her offense today though. Her improvement over the course of the year on defense is astounding, and you don’t always see that on a box score. She guarded Taya Hanson most of the game and held her to five points, so she has also been phenomenal on defense.”
For the most part, Martin was balanced scoring in each quarter. She had 5 points in the opening quarter and 7 in the second to go to the locker room with 12 first half points. Martin went off in the third quarter with 11 points before getting a bucket in the fourth quarter.
The Utes jumped out to a 21-7 lead with 8:07 left in the second quarter. Their defense held Arizona State to single digits in two of the four quarters. Utah’s offense came with the defense as they shot 51 percent (23-45) from the field, 50 percent (9-18) from the three-point line and 62 percent (10-16) from the free throw line.
Arizona State was held to 31 percent field goal shooting and 27 percent from the perimeter.
Utah improved their record to 4-9 overall and 3-9 in Pac-12 play. They will return to the Huntsman Center to face Oregon on Friday, January 29 at 3 p.m. MST. The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks.
- Karl Malone's Son Shares Update On Health Of Utah Jazz Legend's Wife (pageviews: 18600)
- BYU Football Adds Grad Transfer Mufi Hill-Hunt From Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4458)
- Mel Kiper Jr. Shakes Up Landing Spot For Zach Wilson In Latest Mock Draft - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3985)
- Elijah Millsap Accuses Jazz VP Dennis Lindsey Of Racially Pointed Remark - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2540)
- BYU Men's Volleyball, Grand Canyon Go Back-And-Forth For Longest Set In NCAA History (pageviews: 2143)
- Former Utah State Aggie Jakob Robinson Transfers To BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1285)
- Ryan Smith, Apple CEO, Imagine Dragons Singer Team To Expand LGBTQ+ Safe House Encircle - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1118)
- Utah Jazz Release Guard Shaquille Harrison (pageviews: 994)
- Jazz Release Second Half Of Regular Season Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 932)