Portland Star Damian Lillard Named Western Conference Player Of The Week
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Weber State and current Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard was named Western Conference Player of the Week.
Portland had a great week with a 3-1 record led by Damian Lillard. The former Weber State Wildcat averaged 30.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 7.3 assists and 1.2 steals per game in the four contests last week.
They knocked off the Toronto Raptors, Sacramento Kings and Atlanta Hawks, while losing to the Indiana Pacers.
When Portland beat the Toronto Raptors, Lillard posted 23 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists.
In their win over the Kings, Lillard finished with 40 points, 13 assists and three steals, while shooting 6-of-15 from beyond the arc and made all of his 12 free throw attempts. Lillard also didn’t have a turnover, he became the first NBA player to record 40-plus points and 13-plus assists without a turnover since turnovers were officially recorded during the 1977-78 season.
The Blazers lost to the Pacers but Lillard still had a strong performance with 22 points, 6 boards and 4 dimes. He ended the week with 36 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists, while shooting 10-for-23 from the field, 4-of-12 from the three-point line and 12-for-12 from the foul line in their win over the Hawks.
Lillard is averaging 27.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 6.8 steals and a steal per game, while shooting 44 percent from the floor, 37 percent from the perimeter and 94 percent at the charity stripe.
It’s the first Western Conference Player of the Week award for Lillard this season and the 10th of his career. His 10th award tied Clyde Drexler for the most in franchise history.
The Trail Blazers started a new week with a 125-104 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. Lillard had another outstanding performance with 35 points, 3 rebounds and 6 assists. He shot 10-of-23 from the field, 3-for-10 from the three-point line and a perfect 12-of-12 at the free throw line.
Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell was nominated for the weekly award.
- Karl Malone's Son Shares Update On Health Of Utah Jazz Legend's Wife (pageviews: 18600)
- BYU Football Adds Grad Transfer Mufi Hill-Hunt From Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4458)
- Mel Kiper Jr. Shakes Up Landing Spot For Zach Wilson In Latest Mock Draft - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3985)
- Elijah Millsap Accuses Jazz VP Dennis Lindsey Of Racially Pointed Remark - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2540)
- BYU Men's Volleyball, Grand Canyon Go Back-And-Forth For Longest Set In NCAA History (pageviews: 2143)
- Former Utah State Aggie Jakob Robinson Transfers To BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1285)
- Ryan Smith, Apple CEO, Imagine Dragons Singer Team To Expand LGBTQ+ Safe House Encircle - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1118)
- Utah Jazz Release Guard Shaquille Harrison (pageviews: 994)
- Jazz Release Second Half Of Regular Season Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 932)