Utah Valley C Fardaws Aimaq Named WAC Player Of The Week
OREM, Utah – Utah Valley center Fardaws Aimaq was named WAC Player of the Week following his performance against Seattle on Friday night.
Fardaws Aimaq had a career-high 29 points as Utah Valley picked up a 93-92 overtime win over Seattle. He also pulled down 14 rebounds, blocked four shots and made 8 of his 12 attempts from the field and 13 of his 15 free throws.
The Mercer transfer recorded his eighth double-double and leads the country in rebounds per game at 15.1.
Their rematch with Seattle on Saturday was canceled due to COVID-19 concerns with SU’s program. In the OT win on Friday, Utah Valley guard Trey Woodbury connected on a three-pointer in the final seconds of overtime to give Utah Valley a one-point win over Seattle.
With five seconds to go in the extra period, UVU guard Blaze Nield assisted Woodbury, who buried a triple to give the Wolverines a one-point lead. Seattle’s Aaron Nettles missed a three-pointer at the buzzer.
Utah Valley outscored Seattle in overtime, 13-12. Woodbury finished the game with 20 points on 8-12 field goals. Fardaws Aimaq led Utah Valley with a game-high 29 points and 14 rebounds.
Saturday’s contest was the first WAC game that has been canceled for Utah Valley and it’s the fifth game overall. This doesn’t count the two game series at Chicago State in February since they canceled the rest of their season just before conference play started.
The Wolverines will now head back to Orem and prepare for a two-game series against Tarleton State at the UCCU Center on Friday, January 29 and Saturday, January 30. Both games will tip-off at 6 p.m. MST and will be streamed on the KSL TV app.
- Karl Malone's Son Shares Update On Health Of Utah Jazz Legend's Wife (pageviews: 18600)
- BYU Football Adds Grad Transfer Mufi Hill-Hunt From Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4458)
- Mel Kiper Jr. Shakes Up Landing Spot For Zach Wilson In Latest Mock Draft - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3985)
- Elijah Millsap Accuses Jazz VP Dennis Lindsey Of Racially Pointed Remark - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2540)
- BYU Men's Volleyball, Grand Canyon Go Back-And-Forth For Longest Set In NCAA History (pageviews: 2143)
- Former Utah State Aggie Jakob Robinson Transfers To BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1285)
- Ryan Smith, Apple CEO, Imagine Dragons Singer Team To Expand LGBTQ+ Safe House Encircle - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1118)
- Utah Jazz Release Guard Shaquille Harrison (pageviews: 994)
- Jazz Release Second Half Of Regular Season Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 932)