Rudy Gobert Feeds Donovan Mitchell For Back Door Dunk
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Rudy Gobert fed Donovan Mitchell for a back door slam dunk late in the fourth quarter to extend the Utah Jazz lead over the Denver Nuggets.
Donovan Mitchell shot a three-pointer in the corner which missed when Rudy Gobert collected the offensive rebound. When Gobert grabbed the board, he posted up Nikola Jokic in the paint. Mitchell ran back door and Gobert threw a bounce pass to his right through the paint where Mitchell collected and threw down the dunk.
The play gave the Utah Jazz a 103-95 lead with 2:25 remaining in the game.
The Nuggets went on a mini7-0 run to trim the deficit to one-point with 1:19 left. Mitchell stopped the run with a 14-foot shot to extend the lead back to three points with 1:01 remaining.
Mitchell was up to 18 points, including 16 points in the second half. The Jazz All-Star guard had just 2 points in the first half, shooting 1-for-10 from the field. Rudy Gobert had 13 points, 13 rebounds and his only assist in the game was the back door dunk to Mitchell.
With the three-point lead late, Royce O’Neale made two free throws to put them up five points. Jamal Murray missed a three-pointer on the other end. After the Nuggets collected the offensive rebound, they called a timeout and Murray drilled a triple to cut the lead to two with 6 seconds left. O’Neale threw the ball to Gobert for the slam to seal the win.
The Jazz were on a quick one-game road trip before going back to Salt Lake City to play six straight and seven of their next 8 games at Vivint Smart Home Arena. This was the first time that Denver and Utah are playing since their classic seven-game playoff series last season in the bubble in Orlando, Florida.
- Karl Malone's Son Shares Update On Health Of Utah Jazz Legend's Wife (pageviews: 18600)
- BYU Football Adds Grad Transfer Mufi Hill-Hunt From Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4458)
- Mel Kiper Jr. Shakes Up Landing Spot For Zach Wilson In Latest Mock Draft - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3985)
- Elijah Millsap Accuses Jazz VP Dennis Lindsey Of Racially Pointed Remark - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2540)
- BYU Men's Volleyball, Grand Canyon Go Back-And-Forth For Longest Set In NCAA History (pageviews: 2143)
- Former Utah State Aggie Jakob Robinson Transfers To BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1285)
- Ryan Smith, Apple CEO, Imagine Dragons Singer Team To Expand LGBTQ+ Safe House Encircle - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1118)
- Utah Jazz Release Guard Shaquille Harrison (pageviews: 994)
- Jazz Release Second Half Of Regular Season Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 932)