Jordan Clarkson Converts Four-Point Play For Jazz In Second Quarter Vs. Nuggets
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz guard Jordan Clarkson converted a four-point play in the second quarter against the Denver Nuggets on Sunday evening.
After Jamal Murray made two free throws, Jordan Clarkson received the ball for the Jazz on the left wing and shot the ball when Nuggets guard Murray slapped his arm. The officials called the foul when the three-pointer was made. Clarkson made the free throw to complete the four-point play to give the Jazz a 50-45 lead with 5:02 remaining in the second quarter.
That gave the Jazz sixth man 13 points, one rebound, one assist, two steals and a block while shooting 5-for-7 from the field and 2-of-4 from the free throw line.
At that point in the game, Mike Conley was the only other Jazz play in double figures with Mike Conley scoring 12 points and dishing out 5 assists. Donovan Mitchell was struggling midway through the second quarter with just two points on 1-of-8 shooting from the floor and 0-for-4 from beyond the arc. Mitchell also had 2 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks.
The Jazz are on a quick one-game road trip before going back to Salt Lake City to play six straight and seven of their next 8 games at Vivint Smart Home Arena. This is the first time that Denver and Utah are playing since their classic seven-game playoff series last season in the bubble in Orlando, Florida.
- Karl Malone's Son Shares Update On Health Of Utah Jazz Legend's Wife (pageviews: 18600)
- BYU Football Adds Grad Transfer Mufi Hill-Hunt From Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4458)
- Mel Kiper Jr. Shakes Up Landing Spot For Zach Wilson In Latest Mock Draft - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3985)
- Elijah Millsap Accuses Jazz VP Dennis Lindsey Of Racially Pointed Remark - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2540)
- BYU Men's Volleyball, Grand Canyon Go Back-And-Forth For Longest Set In NCAA History (pageviews: 2143)
- Former Utah State Aggie Jakob Robinson Transfers To BYU Football - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1285)
- Ryan Smith, Apple CEO, Imagine Dragons Singer Team To Expand LGBTQ+ Safe House Encircle - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1118)
- Utah Jazz Release Guard Shaquille Harrison (pageviews: 994)
- Jazz Release Second Half Of Regular Season Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 932)