Washington Husky, Former Provo High Star, Ty Jones Enters Transfer Portal
PROVO, Utah – Washington Huskies wide receiver and former Provo High standout Ty Jones announced that he is entering the Transfer Portal on Wednesday.
Jones, who signed with Washington in the class of 2017, was a four-star recruit and the No. 83 ranked national prospect by 247Sports. The former Provo Bulldog played four seasons with the Huskies and appeared in 32 games on Montlake.
In 2020, Jones played in four games, recording six receptions for 140 yards. Good for an average of 23.3 yards per catch.
Ty Jones announces he will enter NCAA Transfer Portal
“Where do I begin?” Jones tweeted announcing his entrance into the Transfer Portal. “I can’t thank you all enough for taking a kid from Provo, Utah in as one of your own and embracing me. While being here, I’ve grown so much as a player and more importantly as a man. I have nothing but respect for the UW Football program, husky nation, and the city of Seattle. I’ve developed relationships here with teammates, mentors, and friends that I will cherish and nurture forever.
“The memories I’ve made here have been amazing and I thank the coaching staff, medical and training staff, Bart and the equipment staff and of course Socha and the strength and conditioning staff for making it possible. With that being said, I’ve decided to graduate and enter the transfer portal with my remaining eligibility. This definitely won’t be the last time I’m in Seattle but for now this is the right decision for me. Thanks again Husky Nation!”
Jones, a former U.S. Army All-American, has one year of eligibility remaining for whichever school he ends up transferring to.
When he was in high school, Jones had offers from all in-state programs, BYU, Utah, and Utah State. Jones was originally committed to the University of Utah in 2015. He de-committed from the Utes in 2016, and later signed with the Huskies.
Mitch Harper is a BYU Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the Cougar Tracks Podcast (SUBSCRIBE) and Cougar Sports Saturday (Saturday from 12–3 p.m., KSL Newsradio). Follow him on Twitter: @Mitch_Harper and the KSL Sports app.
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 6968)
- Page not found - KSL Sports (pageviews: 5017)
- Report: Japan 'Privately Concludes' Tokyo Olympics Will Be Canceled Due To Coronavirus (pageviews: 3668)
- Malone: Stockton Was 'Tough As A Pair Of Leather Boots' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2460)
- BYU/Portland: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2061)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1699)
- Next Khyiris Tonga? BYU Nose Tackle Atunaisa Mahe Coming Back From Injury In 2021 (pageviews: 1385)
- Former BYU Great Says 'Not Far-Fetched' To Compare Zach Wilson To NFL QBs Rodgers, Mahomes (pageviews: 1356)
- Zach Wilson Enters All-Time Greatest BYU Quarterback List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1296)