Weber State Basketball Adds Two Weekend Non-Conference Games
OGDEN, Utah – The Weber State men’s basketball program announced that they have added two non-conference basketball games to be played this weekend.
The two games that Weber State basketball added was with Yellowstone Christian College and Tarleton State. Both games will be played at the Dee Events Center in Ogden. No spectators will be allowed to attend either game.
Their game against Yellowstone Christian College will be on Saturday, January 16 at 2 p.m. MST. Then on Sunday, January 17, they will host Tarleton State.
The Wildcats last played on Saturday, January 2 when they beat Utah Valley, 70-62. Their Big Sky games against Idaho State on Thursday, December 31 and Saturday January 2 were canceled. Then their two games against Eastern Washington on Thursday, January 7 and Saturday, January 9 were canceled. This week was technically their “bye” week with no games.
If these two games didn’t get scheduled, Weber State wouldn’t have a game until Thursday, January 21 against Southern Utah. The Wildcats are 4-3 overall and 1-1 in conference play. They have wins over Adams State, Westminster, Portland State and Utah Valley. Their losses came against Boise State, Portland State and BYU.
Weber State also had two non-conference games earlier this season canceled against Dixie State on Saturday, November 28 and versus Utah State on Saturday, December 12.
Tarleton State is in the Western Athletic Conference with Utah Valley. They are 2-4 overall and 0-2 in conference play. The Texans beat Dallas Christian and Arlington Baptist, while losing to Texas A&M, Abilene Christian and Grand Canyon twice. It’s their first season as a Division I program. Their head coach is longtime college basketball coach Billy Gillispe, who is in his first season with the Texans.
The two games this weekend against Yellowstone will be broadcast on Pluto TV and 103.1 FM “The Wave.”
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)