Stadium Puts Utah Football In Top 15 Of Way-Too-Early Top 25 Ranking
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Stadium college football insider Brett McMurphy released his way-too-early top 25 ranking and he put Utah football in the top 15.
The Stadium analyst put Utah football at No. 11 in his way-too-early 2021 top 25 ranking. McMurphy put 5 Pac-12 teams in his ranking and the Utes are the highest ranked team in the conference.
This is what McMurphy said about Utah in his ranking that was released on Monday.
“The tragedy and heartbreak of the sudden death of freshman RB Ty Jordan still resonates as the Utes look toward the 2021 season,” McMurphy wrote. “Utah will have 19 returning starters — nine on offense, 10 on defense. The quarterback battle should be interesting between Cam Rising, who will miss spring practice as he recovers from shoulder surgery, transfers Charlie Brewer, a three-year starter at Baylor, and Ja’Quinden Jackson from Texas, and incoming freshman Peter Costelli.”
The only starter on defense that will not be back for Utah is Nate Ritchie who will serve a two-year church mission.
This ranking was posted before the Utes received great news on Monday afternoon when Oklahoma running back T.J. Pledger announced he was transferring to Utah after three seasons with the Sooners.
Since the season finale on December 19, Utah found out that they will be getting star tight end Brant Kuithe, offensive lineman Nick Ford and linebacker Devin Lloyd back for the 2021 season rather than going to the NFL.
Here is the entire way-too-early top 25 ranking by Brett McMurphy of Stadium:
- Ohio State Buckeyes
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Georgia Bulldogs
- Oklahoma Sooners
- Clemson Tigers
- Texas A&M Aggies
- Iowa State Cyclones
- Texas Longhorns
- North Carolina Tar Heels
- Penn State Nittany Lions
- Utah Utes
- Oregon Ducks
- Florida Gators
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Wisconsin Badgers
- Miami Hurricanes
- Cincinnati Bearcats
- Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Washington Huskies
- Arizona State Sun Devils
- Virginia Tech Hokies
- Iowa Hawkeyes
- USC Trojans
- Ole Miss Rebels
- Liberty Flames
Teams outside of McMurphy’s top 25 but in top 40 (in alphabetical order): Appalachian State, Arkansas, BYU, Indiana, Louisville, LSU, Nebraska, Northwestern, Pittsburgh, TCU, UCF, UCLA, Virginia, West Virginia.
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 6968)
- Page not found - KSL Sports (pageviews: 5017)
- Report: Japan 'Privately Concludes' Tokyo Olympics Will Be Canceled Due To Coronavirus (pageviews: 3668)
- Malone: Stockton Was 'Tough As A Pair Of Leather Boots' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2460)
- BYU/Portland: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2061)
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1699)
- Next Khyiris Tonga? BYU Nose Tackle Atunaisa Mahe Coming Back From Injury In 2021 (pageviews: 1385)
- Former BYU Great Says 'Not Far-Fetched' To Compare Zach Wilson To NFL QBs Rodgers, Mahomes (pageviews: 1356)
- Zach Wilson Enters All-Time Greatest BYU Quarterback List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1296)