Miami Linebacker Patrick Joyner Jr. Transfers To Utah State
LOGAN, Utah – Former Miami Hurricanes linebacker Patrick Joyner Jr. announced that he will be transferring to the Utah State football program.
Patrick Joyner Jr. will go from Miami to Utah State, it is unknown if he will be eligible immediately.
Joyner made his announcement on Twitter on Monday afternoon.
“Time for a….New atmosphere. New mindset. Different time zone. Thank you Utah State for this opportunity,” Joyner tweeted.
The South Dade High School product in Homestead, Florida entered the portal on January 5 after spending three seasons with the Hurricanes. As a true freshman in 2018, Joyner played in four games, racking up five tackles, including two tackles for loss. In 2019, he played in one game but missed most of the season due to recovery from off-season surgery. He used his redshirt.
As a redshirt sophomore in 2020, Joyner played in four games for Miami. Coming out of high school in the 2018 signing class, Joyner was a three-star prospect, who was a defensive end, ranked No. 39 at the position and the No. 104 recruit in the state of Florida.
During his recruitment, Joyner received offers from Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Colorado State, Florida, Florida Atlantic, Illinois, Indiana, Marshall, Maryland, Michigan State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Tulaen, UCF and USF.
Joyner is following Ephraim Banda to Logan. Banda was named the Aggies defensive coordinator last week as new head coach Blake Anderson continues to fill out his coaching staff. Ephraim Banda was co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach for Miami for the last two seasons.
Coach Anderson brought two of his players from Arkansas State to Utah State, including quarterback Logan Bonner and wide receiver Brandon Bowling. The Aggies will continue to fill out their roster as they get closer to spring football, which is expected to start around March or April.
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 21278)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 12642)
- BYU Basketball Receives Waiver For Westminster Transfer Brandon Warr - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4208)
- Malone: Stockton Was 'Tough As A Pair Of Leather Boots' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2278)
- BYU/Pepperdine: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2216)
- Utah Jazz Guard Donovan Mitchell Breaks Ankles As He Lights Up Pelicans To Start Game (pageviews: 1665)
- Non Superstar Mitchell Leads Jazz To Seventh Straight Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1324)
- Donovan Mitchell Fastest Player In NBA History To Hit 600 Threes - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1308)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1037)