Former Utah Quarterback Jake Bentley Commits To South Alabama
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah quarterback Jake Bentley announced his commitment to transfer and play for the South Alabama Jaguars.
Bentley announced his decision on Wednesday, January 6.
“Final chapter. Fired up to get to work!” the former Utah quarterback tweeted.
He will join a Jaguars team that posted a 4-7 record in 2020.
Bentley, a senior, will have one year of eligibility with the Jaguars.
Bentley entered the NCAA’s transfer portal in mid-December 2020.
The quarterback’s decision to transfer came after he was benched during the first half of the Utes’ season finale win over Washington State.
He first arrived in Utah after playing for the South Carolina Gamecocks from 2016-19.
During his lone season with Utah, Bentley threw for 882 yards, six touchdowns, and six interceptions with a 62.1 completion rate.
Bentley played five games for the Utes.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)