Utah State Adds Kyle Cefalo, Nick Paremski, Ephraim Banda To Football Coaching Staff
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State has added Kyle Cefalo, Nick Paremski and Ephraim Banda to the football coaching staff on Tuesday.
Utah State announced the hiring of the three individuals to the football coaching staff on Tuesday, January 5.
After the Aggies hired Blake Anderson as the head coach, he has hired six coaches to his staff. Former USU QB Chuckie Keeton will coach the running backs. D.J. Tialavea was named the tight ends coach and Al Lapuaho will coach the defensive line. Those hires were announced on Monday.
Utah State Football Adds Kyle Cefalo To Coaching Staff
Blake Anderson hired Kyle Cefalo as the passing game coordinator and the wide receivers coach. Cefalo spent the past four seasons with Anderson at Arkansas State as the wide receivers coach. He was also the special teams coordinator the past two seasons. Cefalo played wide receiver for Colorado from 2009-11. His coaching career started in 2013 as a recruiting intern for Boise State before going to Arkansas State as a graduate assistant.
In 2016, Cefalo went to Maryland as a GA before going back to Arkansas State in 2017 to be the inside wide receivers coach for two seasons. He was promoted to wide receivers coach and special teams coordinator before the 2019 season.
Aggies Hires Nick Paremski To Coaching Staff
The Aggies have named Nick Paremski the special teams coordinator and outside linebackers coach. Paremski spent the past five seasons at Arkansas State with Anderson. His coaching career started at Holmen High School in Wisconsin as the defensive backs coach from 2002-03. Then he was a graduate assistant at Texas A&M-Kingsville. From 2006-15, Paremski coached at West Texas A&M, holding multiple positions, including cornerbacks, defensive backs, recruiting coordinator, assistant head coach and defensive coordinator.
Paremski joined Arkansas State in 2016 as a quality control assistant for two seasons before being promoted to outside linebackers coach in 2018. From 2019-20, he was a special teams co-coordinator and safeties coach. This past season, Paremski served as the interim defensive coordinator for the Red Wolves.
Utah State Football Adds Ephraim Banda To Coaching Staff
Blake Anderson has hired Ephraim Banda as Utah State’s defensive coordinator and safeties coach. Banda spent the last two years as a co-defensive coordinator and safeties coach at Miami. He played safety for Incarnate Word from 2008-10. Banda started his coaching career as a student assistant at Incarnate Word in 2011 before going to Texas as a defensive graduate assistant.
After three seasons with the Longhorns, Banda went to Mississippi State for the 2015 season as a defensive GA. His first position coaching job was in 2016 when he coached the safeties at Miami. After two years of that position, he was promoted to co-defensive coordinator.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)