Utah State Adds Former Arkansas State WR Brandon Bowling
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State football added former Arkansas State wide receiver Brandon Bowling to their roster, following head coach Blake Anderson.
Brandon Bowling is the second player that will transfer to Utah State from Arkansas State, joining quarterback Logan Bonner.
Bowling entered the transfer portal on New Year’s Day, announcing his decision on Twitter. On Monday morning, Bowling tweeted that he is going to Logan to join the Aggies.
While in Jonesboro, Bowling sat out his freshman season, using his redshirt in 2016. In 2017, he played in two games but did not record any stats. As a junior in 2018, Bowling appeared in six games before suffering a season ending injury. He had 15 receptions for 108 yards. In 2019, Bowling played in every game, hauling in 28 receptions for 263 yards and 2 touchdowns.
This past season, he had 29 catches for 336 yards and 4 touchdowns in seven games.
Bowling is from Boyd High School in McKinney, Texas. As a high school recruit in the 2016 class, Bowling was a two-star prospect who had offers from Texas State and Arkansas State.
When he entered the transfer portal, Bowling said the following on Twitter.
“These last five years in Jonesboro have been more than I could have ever imagined as an 18 year old leaving Texas,” Bowling wrote. “The relationships that I have formed and the man that I have become is in large part to the coaches and professors that I have interacted with during my tenure. From the classroom to the football field I will never forget being an Arkansas State Redwolf. I have made the decision to go into the transfer portal as a grad transfer. I am and will always be a proud Arkansas State alumni and it will always be my second home.”
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)