Utah RB Ty Jordan Named 247Sports Freshman All-American
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah running back Ty Jordan was named a Freshman All-American by 247Sports after a tremendous 2020 season.
Ty Jordan rushed for 597 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns in his first season for the Utes that led to him being named a Freshman All-American.
Jordan is one of two players in the Pac-12 to be named a Freshman All-American by 247Sports, joining former Orem star and current Oregon linebacker Noah Sewell.
Here is what 247Sports said about Jordan.
“Jordan finished his freshman season with 597 yards and six touchdowns in just five games, averaging an eye-popping 7.2 yards per carry. The Pac-12 Freshman of the Year led all first-year players in average rushing yards per game.”
Jordan died on Christmas night in Denton, Texas near his hometown to an apparent accidental self-inflicted gun shot wound.
Here is all of the players named Freshman All-Americans by 247Sports.
- Michael Pratt, QB, Tulane
- Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas
- Ty Jordan, RB, Utah
- Deuce Vaughn, All-Purpose, Kansas State
- Kayshon Boutte, WR, LSU
- Jordan Addison, WR, Pittsburgh
- Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma
- Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame
- Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern
- Willie Lampkin, OG, Coastal Carolina
- Zach Frazier, OG, West Virginia
- Robert Scott, OT, Florida State
- Walker Parks, OT, Clemson
- Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
- Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama
- Khari Coleman, EDGE, TCU
- Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson
- Noah Sewell, LB, Oregon
- Tyler Grubbs, LB, Louisiana Tech
- Eli Ricks, DB, LSU
- Malachi Moore, DB, Alabama
- Dorian Strong, DB, Virginia Tech
- Emmanuel Forbes, DB, Mississippi State
- Karon Prunty, DB, Kansas
- Harrison Mevis, K, Missouri
- Tory Taylor, P, Iowa
- Shamar Garrett, KR, San Jose State