BYU QB Zach Wilson Finishes In Top 10 In Heisman Trophy Voting
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – BYU quarterback Zach Wilson finished among the top 10 players in the Heisman Trophy voting for the 2020 college football season.
Wilson was announced as the eighth-highest voter getter for college football’s most impressive honor.
It’s the first since 1991 that aplayer finished in the top 10 of the Heisman vote. Former BYU Ty Detmer was honored among college football’s best players after that season 29 years ago.
Heisman Trophy Voting
10. Kyle Pitts – Tight End – Florida
9. Ian Book – Quarterback – Notre Dame
8. Zach Wilson – Quarterback – Brigham Young
7. Justin Fields – Quarterback – Ohio State
6. Breece Hall – Running Back – Iowa State
5. Najee Harris – Running Back – Alabama
- Mac Jones – Quarterback – Alabama
- DeVonta Smith – Wide Receiver – Alabama
- Trevor Lawrence – Quarterback – Clemson
- Kyle Trask – Quarterback – Florida
The Heisman Trophy winner will be announced on January 5 at 5 p.m. (MDT) on ESPN.
Zach Wilson’s 2020 season
Wilson led the Cougars to an 11-1 record this season, including a win over the UCF Knights in the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl.
BYU’s only loss came on the road against an undefeated Coastal Carolina team.
The junior quarterback was impressive throughout the Cougars’ slate of games and put up record numbers.
Wilson ended the season passing for 3,692 yards, 33 touchdowns, and three interceptions with a 74 percent completion rate. He also ran for 254 yards and 10 touchdowns.
The BYU star is currently projected by many NFL analysts as a first-round selection in the upcoming 2021 NFL Draft. Wilson said that he would discuss the decision to return to BYU for another season or turn pro during Christmas.
BYU Cougars Scoreboard
BYU Cougars Team Leaders
BYU Cougars Standings