Former Utah F Kyle Kuzma Agrees To Contract Extension With Lakers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah Utes forward Kyle Kuzma will be sticking around with the Los Angeles Lakers.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Kuzma and the Lakers agreed to a three-year contract extension worth $40 million.
The deal will reportedly have a player option for the 2023-24 season.
The Lakers drafted Kuzma with the 27th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. The upcoming 2020-21 season was the last year of his rookie contract and is set to make $3,562,178.
His new deal will have two years guaranteed for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons before having the player option to return for the 2023-24 season or become a free agent.
In three seasons with the Lakers, Kuzma averaged 16 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists, while shooting 44 percent from the field, 33 percent from the three-point line and 73 percent at the foul line.
This past season was his lowest scoring average but that was due to Anthony Davis joining the team to pair with LeBron James. Kuzma averaged 12.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game for the Lakers last season and won his first NBA Championship.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)