Utah To Host Washington State In Regular Season Finale On Dec. 19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah football team found out who and where they will be playing their last regular season finale on Saturday, Dec. 19.
The Utes will host the Washington State Cougars at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Kickoff is at 11:30 a.m. MST and will be broadcast on FS1.
When the Pac-12 released the seven game schedule at the end of September, they laid out a six-game slate and said the last week will be “Championship Week” and that the matchups would be determined based off of seeding in the division standings.
— Pac-12 Conference (@pac12) December 13, 2020
Utah finished fourth in the South Division standings while Washington State ended the first six week slate in fifth place in the North. Oregon State was the fourth place team in the North and since the Utes and Beavers played each other this season, the conference decided to matchup Utah and Wazzu.
Since joining the Pac-12 in 2011, Utah is 3-4 against Washington State, including 2-2 at home. Last season, the Utes knocked off the Cougars 38-13 at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
During that span, the Utes are 14-10 when they play on FS1 and are 10-5 at home. The Cougars are 1-2 this season with a win over Oregon State in the season opener. Then they lost to Oregon at home before having their next two games canceled due to COVID-19. The Cougars then lost to USC last week. Their game against Cal on Saturday was canceled hours before kickoff because the Golden Bears had one positive COVID-19 test.
The rest of the Week 7 schedule:
- Washington at No. 15 USC, Friday, Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. MST on FOX (Pac-12 Championship Game)
- Stanford at UCLA, Saturday, Dec. 19 at 6 p.m. MST on ESPN2
- Oregon vs. No. 21 Colorado, Saturday, Dec. 19 at 7 p.m. MST on FS1 (game will be played at USC with Ducks/Buffs serving as backup Pac-12 title game options)
- Arizona State at Oregon State, Saturday, Dec. 19 at 8:30 p.m. MST on ESPN
- Arizona at California, to be determined
Utah Utes Scoreboard
Utah Utes Team Leaders
Utah Utes Standings