President Trump To Appoint Utah Olympian, Former Utes Coach Urban Meyer To Council On Sports
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – President Donald Trump announced his intention to appoint Olympic medal winner Sarah Rohbock and former Utah Utes football head coach Urban Meyer as members of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition.
According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition or PCSFN is “a federal advisory committee supported by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) that works to increase sports participation among youth of all backgrounds and abilities and to promote healthy and active lifestyles for all Americans.”
According to a White House statement, the appointment will be for a term of two years.
On Friday, December 11, Trump named Rohbock and Meyer as tw0 of the 29 individuals he intends to appoint.
Urban Meyer on the list. https://t.co/NX2Csby1GG
— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) December 11, 2020
In addition to the Olympian and former Utah coach, the following individuals were listed for appointment by the President:
- Mariano Rivera, of New York, Co-Chair
- Misty May-Treanor, of California, Co-Chair
- Herschel Junior Walker, of Georgia, Co-Chair
- William Belichick, of Massachusetts
- Johnny David Damon, of Florida
- Nan Hayworth, of New York
- Natalie Gulbis, of California
- Kyle Frederick Snyder, of Maryland
- Julie Teer, of Michigan
- Brenda Larsen Becker, of Michigan
- Mehmet Oz, of New Jersey
- Amy Bockerstette, of Arizona
- Robert Charles Wilkins, of New Jersey
- Trevor Joseph Drinkwater, of California
- Chris Tisi, of Florida
- Jake Olson, of California
- Linda Yaccarino, of New York
- Troy Vincent, of Virginia
- Jennifer Pharr Davis, of North Carolina
- Scott Turner, of Texas
- Colby Covington, of Florida
- Mary Owen, of Texas
- Jorge Masvidal, of Florida
- Robert Goldman, of Illinois
- Matthew Hesse, of Nebraska
- Ashlee Lundvall, of Wyoming
- Samuel James Worthington, Jr., of Pennsylvania
Rohbock was born in Provo, Utah. She played collegiate soccer at BYU and professionally with the San Diego Spirit of the WUSA.
In addition to her achievements on the pitch, Rohbock won the silver medal for two-person bobsledding in the 2006 Olympics.
Meyer served as the Utes’ head coach football coach from 2003-04.
After his time at Utah, Meyer coach at Florida and Ohio State. He led the Gators to a pair of national championships and the Buckeyes to one title.
Meyer is currently a college football analyst for FOX Sports.
Utah Utes Scoreboard
Utah Utes Team Leaders
Utah Utes Standings