Arizona State Or Washington? Utah Football’s Weekend Game Still Not Solidified
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah football program is preparing for their second game of the season. The question is, who will the Utes face this weekend?
Kyle Whittingham’s team is scheduled to play Arizona State on Sunday, November 29. The game was pushed back one day from it’s originally scheduled for Saturday, November 28.
If Arizona State can’t play on Sunday, Utah has a backup option and will face the Washington Huskies. When Whittingham met with the media on Tuesday morning, he elaborated more on what he has been told about who they will be competing against this week.
“I understand that it will be on the road, regardless of who we play. At ASU or at U Dub,” said Whittingham. “So looks like the possibility of a home game doesn’t exist for this week. Washington would be on Saturday, whereas the ASU game would be on Sunday. That is my understanding.”
How Utah Is Preparing This Week
As the Utes begin practice this week, Whittingham was asked how the team is preparing this week with two possible opponents.
“All the focus right now is on ASU until we’re told differently,” stated Whittingham. “That’s where we’re gonna put the majority of our attention. I say the majority doesn’t still gotta pay attention to the other possibility. But that’s where our primary focus is. We hope to find out sooner rather than later and would be ideal if we could find out today (Tuesday). As the week moves on, it becomes more of a difficult situation, not having some clarity. But we have no control over that. As far as I’m told. We’re just waiting for a definitive answer.”
How Utah Stacks Up Against Arizona State/Washington
Since joining the Pac-12 in 2011, Utah is 3-6 against Arizona State, including a 1-3 record in Tempe. Utah’s last game at Arizona State was in 2018 when they lost to the Sun Devils, 38-20. The Utes lost quarterback Tyler Huntley in that game due to injury and he missed the rest of the season.
Utah is 2-5 against Washington since becoming conference foes in 2011 and are 2-2 in Seattle. The Utes played at Husky Stadium last season and picked up a 33-28 come-from-behind victory.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)