Utah Women’s Basketball Cancels Two Non-Conference Games Due To COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The University of Utah women’s basketball team announced that they have paused all basketball activities for the time being.
The program is pausing activities due to a COVID-19 positive case and resulting isolation of additional student-athletes under contract tracing protocols.
Utah was scheduled to begin the season on Wednesday, November 25 against Southern Utah. They had one other non-conference game against Utah Valley on Saturday, November 28. Those two games have been canceled.
Utah Athletics added that the teams’ situation will be evaluated after that.
“Our top priority is the health and safety of our student-athletes, and all of our decisions will be guided by that principle,” the statement read.
Utah’s next scheduled game is Friday, December 4 on the road against Oregon State.
The Utes were picked to finish 8th in the Pac-12 preseason media and coaches polls. They finished the 2019-20 season with a 14-17 record before falling to Oregon in the second round of the Pac-12 Tournament.
Entering her sixth season at the helm, Lynne Roberts returns a ton of talented players including Brynna Maxwell, Dru Gylten, Andrea Torres, Lola Pendande, Niyah Becker and Kemery Martin among others. Roberts has also recruited very well and will bring in a talented 2020 class, which includes Kennady McQueen, Peyton McFarland, Kelsey Rees and Donna Ntambue.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)