Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – University of Utah men’s basketball head coach Larry Krystkowiak announced that he has contracted COVID-19.
Krystkowiak announced his diagnosis on his weekly radio show on ESPN 700 on Monday evening.
The announcement from Utah’s head coach comes after they announced their pre-Christmas schedule. Utah will open the 2020-21 season on Thursday, Dec. 3 at home against the Washington Huskies.
The Runnin’ Utes will play six games before the holidays. Two of those contests are conference games against Washington and Arizona State. They will also face Idaho State, BYU, Utah Valley and Idaho in non-conference play.
Utah was scheduled to open the season on Friday, November 27 against New Orleans but that game won’t be played now.
Last week, Matt Norlander of CBS Sports reported that Utah’s basketball program paused all basketball activities for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19. At that time, KSL Sports reached out to the Utah basketball program and was told by a spokesman from the athletic department that the team will “continue testing and look at things again on Monday.”
- Karl Malone Jr. Addresses Father's Statutory Rape History - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2296)
- Which BYU Football Seniors Are Returning For Extra 2021 Season? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1299)
- Jazz Yellow Jerseys Return, Will The Curse? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1174)
- Zach Wilson Enters All-Time Greatest BYU Quarterback List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1049)
- Way-Too-Early Look At Utah Football 2021 Schedule - KSL Sports (pageviews: 952)
- Next Khyiris Tonga? BYU Nose Tackle Atunaisa Mahe Coming Back From Injury In 2021 (pageviews: 951)
- Former BYU Great Says 'Not Far-Fetched' To Compare Zach Wilson To NFL QBs Rodgers, Mahomes (pageviews: 922)
- Former BYU Basketball Coach Tony Ingle Passes Away From COVID-19 Complications - KSL Sports (pageviews: 775)
- Jazz G Donovan Mitchell Uses Spidey Sense On Incredible Pass To Bojan Bogdanovic - KSL Sports (pageviews: 726)