Arizona State Head Coach Herm Edwards Releases Statement Ahead Of Utah Matchup
TEMPE, Ariz. – Arizona State head coach Herm Edwards released a statement on Monday in regards to the status of his team.
The Sun Devils are scheduled to host Utah on Sunday, November 29. Herm Edwards’ team has not played the last two weeks due to positive COVID-19 tests within their program.
Edwards released the following statement on Monday.
“I hope this message finds everyone safe and sound,” Edwards said. “Right now the world is presenting us with unique daily challenges. We must huddle up and deal with those challenges together. I would like to thank everyone from Sun Devil Nation, my colleagues from college and professional football, the media industry and my family and friends who have reached out since I announced I contracted COVID-19. Those messages meant a lot to me and helped me and my family get through this difficult time. I am forever grateful.
“I am feeling much better and I plan to be back on the practice field soon, preparing for our next contest,” Edwards added. “Until then, stay healthy, wear a mask, practice physical distancing and as always, Forks Up!”
When the first game for Arizona State was canceled, Edwards announced that he tested positive for COVID-19. The game this week against Utah was pushed back from Saturday to Sunday. Kickoff time and broadcast information will be announced at a later date.
Since joining the Pac-12 in 2011, Utah is 3-6 against Arizona State, including a 1-3 mark in Tempe. In 2019, Utah picked up a 21-3 win over ASU at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Former Utes running back Zack Moss broke the school rushing record in last year’s game.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)