Saints Safety Marcus Williams Ends First Half With Goal Line Interception
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Former Utah and current New Orleans Saints safety Marcus Williams caught an interception near the goal line to end first half against the Atlanta Falcons.
The Saints hosted the Falcons on Sunday, November 22.
As the clock expired at the end of the second quarter, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan unloaded a deep throw towards the end zone before Williams picked off the Hail Mary attempt.
Williams returned the ball 20 yards before getting tackled to the turf.
The pick was the former Ute’s third interception of the 2020 season and the 13th of his four-year NFL career.
At the half, New Orleans owned a 10-9 advantage over Atlanta.
In the first 30 minutes of action, Williams had two total tackles, one solo tackle, one pass breakup, and the interception.
The Falcons vs. Saints game is broadcast on FOX.
- BYU's Kalani Sitake Sternly Clarifies Cougars' Position On Potential Washington Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2904)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2322)
- BYU Football Comes In At No. 14 In College Football Playoff Rankings (pageviews: 2210)
- Utah Football Game Against Arizona State Canceled Due To COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1624)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1227)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 864)
- BYU Basketball: Three Observations From Win Over Westminister (pageviews: 728)
- Derrick Favors: Utah 'Feels Like Home' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 681)
- Britain Covey Confirms Hamstring Injury In #GiveThanks Instagram Post - KSL Sports (pageviews: 652)