Report: Jazz Re-Sign Jordan Clarkson
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz and Jordan Clarkson have agreed to a new contract. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Clarkson will sign a four-year, $52 million deal to remain in Utah.
The Jazz acquired Clarkson last December in exchange for former lottery pick Dante Exum and two secnd round draft picks.
“Free agent Jordan Clarkson has agreed to a four-year, $52M deal with the Utah Jazz, his agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports tells ESPN,” Wojnarowski tweeted.
Clarkson averaged 15.2 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 1.9 assists during his first season with the Jazz. The guard proved to be a valuable piece for the team providing an instant scoring threat off the bench.
With an average yearly price tag of $13 million, Clarkson’s contract should hold strong value on the trade market should the Jazz decided they need to clear cap space in future seasons.
Furthermore, with guard Mike Conley set to enter free-agency, Clarkson could see himself inserted into the starting lineup as soon as next season.
Clarkson Embraced Jazz, Utah
After the trade, Clarkson seemed to find an immediate comfort zone in Utah. The guard scored at least 10 points in 32 of his 42 outings with the Jazz during the regular season and broke the double-digit barrier in all seven of his postseason appearances.
Clarkson’s confidence in Utah can be attributed to the relationship he has with head coach Quin Snyder.
“Him having my back has meant the world to me,” Clarkson said during the NBA restart in Orlando. “Makes me want to go out and just run through a wall for him.”
Snyder said Clarkson’s contributions for the Jazz go well beyond the floor.
“He’s a selfless guy. He’s had a huge impact on our team our chemistry, our connection.” Snyder said. “Everybody likes JC. It’s more than likes him, I think people appreciate him, and it’s not often you get to a coach a guy that’s as authentic as he is.”
According to The Athletic’s Tony Jones, the Jazz have also agreed to terms with free agent, and former Jazzman Derrick Favors.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4500)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3860)
- BYU Guard Jake Toolson Plans To Sign With Utah Jazz - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3263)
- With No South End-Zone Where Will Utes, Trojans Dress Prior To Kick Off? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2115)
- Utah Jazz Players React To Reported Signings Of Jordan Clarkson, Derrick Favors (pageviews: 1860)
- No. 8 BYU Steamrolls North Alabama, Improves To 9-0 (pageviews: 1420)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1406)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 1260)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1236)