Report: Jazz Re-Sign Jordan Clarkson
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz and Jordan Clarkson have agreed to a new contract. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Clarkson will sign a four-year, $52 million deal to remain in Utah.
The Jazz acquired Clarkson last December in exchange for former lottery pick Dante Exum and two secnd round draft picks.
“Free agent Jordan Clarkson has agreed to a four-year, $52M deal with the Utah Jazz, his agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports tells ESPN,” Wojnarowski tweeted.
Clarkson averaged 15.2 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 1.9 assists during his first season with the Jazz. The guard proved to be a valuable piece for the team providing an instant scoring threat off the bench.
With an average yearly price tag of $13 million, Clarkson’s contract should hold strong value on the trade market should the Jazz decided they need to clear cap space in future seasons.
Furthermore, with guard Mike Conley set to enter free-agency, Clarkson could see himself inserted into the starting lineup as soon as next season.
Clarkson Embraced Jazz, Utah
After the trade, Clarkson seemed to find an immediate comfort zone in Utah. The guard scored at least 10 points in 32 of his 42 outings with the Jazz during the regular season and broke the double-digit barrier in all seven of his postseason appearances.
Clarkson’s confidence in Utah can be attributed to the relationship he has with head coach Quin Snyder.
“Him having my back has meant the world to me,” Clarkson said during the NBA restart in Orlando. “Makes me want to go out and just run through a wall for him.”
Snyder said Clarkson’s contributions for the Jazz go well beyond the floor.
“He’s a selfless guy. He’s had a huge impact on our team our chemistry, our connection.” Snyder said. “Everybody likes JC. It’s more than likes him, I think people appreciate him, and it’s not often you get to a coach a guy that’s as authentic as he is.”
According to The Athletic’s Tony Jones, the Jazz have also agreed to terms with free agent, and former Jazzman Derrick Favors.
- Charles Barkley, Shaq: Donovan Mitchell Has 'Zero Impact' On Game Except Scoring (pageviews: 20403)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 10669)
- Page not found - KSL Sports (pageviews: 5595)
- BYU Basketball Receives Waiver For Westminster Transfer Brandon Warr - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4048)
- Report: Japan 'Privately Concludes' Tokyo Olympics Will Be Canceled Due To Coronavirus (pageviews: 3668)
- Malone: Stockton Was 'Tough As A Pair Of Leather Boots' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3572)
- BYU/Portland: How To Watch, Listen, Or Stream At Tip-Off - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2130)
- Donovan Mitchell Fastest Player In NBA History To Hit 600 Threes - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1328)
- Early Look At Returning Leaders For BYU Football In 2021 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1163)
- Non Superstar Mitchell Leads Jazz To Seventh Straight Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1066)