College GameDay To Visit Augusta National During The 84th Masters Tournament
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – College GameDay will make a pitstop at Augusta National Golf Club and will air a live broadcast prior to the third round of The Masters Tournament on ESPN, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club Fred Ridley announced today.
“Given the circumstances brought about by the pandemic, the delivery of quality content is as important as ever to the storytelling of the Masters Tournament,” said Ridley. “While we will dearly miss our patrons at Augusta National this fall, we are excited to showcase what promises to be a truly memorable Masters in a variety of ways for viewers around the world.”
College GameDay will air from 7 a.m.-10 a.m. on Saturday, November 14th, before the live CBS broadcast of the third round. The studio will be staged overlooking Ike’s Pond and the 9th green of the Par 3 course.
“When exploring ways to showcase a fall Masters, we were drawn to the concept of hosting College GameDay at Augusta National to introduce the Tournament to a new audience and provide even more anticipation and excitement to the event,” Ridley continued. “We appreciate the collaboration with ESPN, our longtime broadcast partner, for this first-of-its-kind opportunity.”
It was announced earlier in the year that there will be no fans in attendance for the upcoming 84th Masters Tournament. Augusta National has been working closely with CBS to provide television viewers new and unique camera angles of the course and the shots. It will be the first time in tournament history in which no spectators will be at the course, the 84th Masters also marks the first time the tournament has been played in the Fall.
Throughout the week, live coverage of the tournament will be broadcast to over 200 countries and territories.
“In the United States, live coverage of Tournament play will begin Thursday, November 12, from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on ESPN and continue at the same times Friday, November 13. CBS will again provide weekend coverage on Saturday, November 14, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., before airing the final round from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Sunday, November 15. The Par 3 Contest, which is traditionally played on the Wednesday prior to the Masters Tournament and broadcast by ESPN, has been canceled,” the statement reads.
“The fun and excitement of watching Masters competitors with their friends and family is what makes the Par 3 Contest such a special part of Masters week,” stated Ridley. “We know that experience could not have been replicated without guests and patrons at Augusta National, and we eagerly anticipate the opportunity to bring back this signature tradition.”
Six-time Masters champion Jack Nicklaus and three-time winner Gary Player will act as honorary starters for the tournament on November 12th. Nicklaus and Player will hit tee shots off the 1st and 10th hole to officially begin play at the 84th Masters Tournament.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)