Former Utah Safety Terrell Burgess Carted Off Field With Ankle Injury On MNF
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – Former Utah and current Los Angeles Rams safety Terrell Burgess was carted off the field in the fourth quarter on Monday Night Football.
Burgess was having the best game of his young career when he was forced to leave the game with an ankle injury. The former Utah safety injured his ankle when he attempted to tackle Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery. His leg got caught underneath him and bent awkwardly.
The Rams training staff put his leg in an air cast and took him to the locker room where he was ruled doubtful to return to the game by the Rams medical staff.
Burgess’ status has not been updated by the Rams as of Tuesday morning. Los Angeles beat the Bears 24-10 at SoFi Stadium. He faced his former teammate in Bears rookie cornerback Jaylon Johnson. The Rams rookie safety tweeted after the game, but not about his injury.
Before the injury, Burgess had 5 tackles, including 4 solo tackles in the win. He made two key third down stops. Through the first two games, Burgess didn’t see the field on defense. He played nine snaps in Week 3, 19 defensive snaps against the Giants in Week 4, zero reps in Week 5, 9 snaps last week before playing 12 defensive snaps on Monday Night.
It was an impressive outing for Burgess to have 5 tackles in 12 defensive snaps.
Los Angeles improved their record to 5-2 on the year. They will travel to Miami to face the Dolphins on Sunday, November 1 at 11 a.m. MT on FOX.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)