Cardinals Remember Utah Legend Larry Wilson With No. 8 Patch On Jerseys
GLENDALE, Ariz. – The Arizona Cardinals remembered legend Larry Wilson with his number as a patch on their uniforms on Sunday Night Football.
The Cardinals are wearing the No. 8 patch near their left shoulder as they face the Seattle Seahawks in primetime. The Utah and Cardinals legend passed away in September.
Wilson played college football at the University of Utah from 1956-1960. He started on both sides of the ball, at cornerback and at halfback under two head coaches – Jack Curtice and Ray Nagel.
“Besides my father, Larry Wilson was the most influential male figure in my life. He was someone who truly lived his faith and demonstrated it daily in the kindness he showed every single person he met,” read the statement from Cardinals owner Michael Bidwell when Wilson passed away. “Any of us lucky enough to be in his orbit – whether that was for a few minutes or four decades – was always better off from the experience. I will remember Larry Wilson first as a fantastic person but then obviously as one of the greatest players the National Football League has ever seen. It’s fitting that his passing coincides with the league’s 100th birthday because his toughness and the way he revolutionized his position make him one of our game’s most unforgettable figures. Whether on the field playing with casts on both hands or brightening the lives of every person he knew, Larry’s selflessness defined who he was and how we will all remember him.”
Between being a player, a coach and an executive, Wilson had a long and successful career in the NFL. He played for the (formerly) St. Louis Cardinals from 1960-1972.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)