College Football Postseason Rebranded As ‘Bowl Season,’ Jokes Ensued On Social Media
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The College Football postseason, which features 44 bowl games, has rebranded itself to “Bowl Season.” If you’re confused and wondering, wasn’t that the name all along? Yes and no.
The general college football fan has likely always referred to all of the postseason games as “Bowl Season.” Still, the organization that ran the bowls was formally known as the Football Bowl Association (FBA). Now FBA is officially out, and Bowl Season is in.
This is part of a “major brand overhaul” announced on Friday by Bowl Season Executive Director Nick Carparelli.
“For four decades, the Football Bowl Association has served as a staunch advocate of the bowl system,” said Carparelli in a press release. “But until now, it’s been a behind-the-scenes organization designed to facilitate conversation among bowl leadership and stakeholders. Since joining the organization last spring, I’ve listened to our membership’s clear desire for a new identity– to rebrand the FBA to speak directly to those who love this sport.”
Part of the major brand overhaul is dubbing the holiday season’s 44 bowl games “A Celebration of College Football” to promote the bowl system’s grand tradition and its endearing value to student-athletes.
Social Media reacts to “Bowl Season” rebrand
It’s a nice fancy announcement for a postseason that has been called the bowl season for as long as anyone could remember. As you would expect, social media had some fun with the self-explanatory announcement.
Mitch Harper is a BYU Insider for KSLsports.com and host of the Cougar Tracks Podcast (SUBSCRIBE) and Cougar Sports Saturday (Saturday from 12–3 p.m., KSL Newsradio). Follow him on Twitter: @Mitch_Harper.
- BYU Basketball's Gavin Baxter To Have MRI On Injured Knee - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2951)
- Former BYU Forward Yoeli Childs Officially Signs With Washington Wizards (pageviews: 1169)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 1074)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1072)
- Donovan Mitchell: Contract 'A Relief', Wants Championship In Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 849)
- Podcasts Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 779)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 728)
- Four-Star Timpview DE Logan Fano Commits To BYU Over Utah, Washington - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Former Ute Garett Bolles Signs Four-Year Contract Extension With Denver Broncos (pageviews: 652)