Shelley, Utah State Football Face Boise State In 2020 Season Opener
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Jason Shelley and the Utah State Aggies square off against the Boise State Broncos in their upcoming 2020 college football season opening game.
The Broncos are scheduled to host the Aggies at Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho on Saturday, October 24.
On October 19, Shelley was named USU’s starting quarterback for the contest.
Not only do the Aggies have a new starting quarterback in 2020, they also have a new offensive coordinator in Bodie Reeder.
The player-coach combo will lead Utah State for the first time as the Aggies play the Broncos.
Utah State and Boise State will each begin an eight-game Mountain West Conference based schedule when the two programs meet for the delayed start to the season.
The delayed start to the Mountain West’s season arrives after the conference canceled fall sports in August.
In late September, the conference said that play would begin in late October.
For the Aggies, they have the chance to play against one of the Mountain West’s premier teams to begin the season.
“It’s always a tremendous challenge,” Utah State head coach Gary Andersen said of the game. “Boise has earned that they deserve that, that is exactly where they are. As I go through my career, we’ve been in those different situations. Sometimes you’re in that position to be that top team and everybody’s trying to knock you off and we’ve been there, it’s extremely challenging. Every week everybody’s nipping at you and wants to take your spot and where you sit.
Boise State finished the 2019 season with a 12-2 overall record (8-0 Mountain West) and a conference title.
Utah State ended last season with a 7-6 record record, including 6-2 in conference play.
In 2019, the USU suffered a 56-21 defeat to a No. 20 ranked Broncos team.
The Aggies’ last trip to Boise was in 2018 and resulted in a 33-24 loss to a No. 23 ranked BSU program.
The contest between the Aggies and Broncos will kick-off on Saturday, October 24 at 5 p.m. (MDT) and will broadcast on FS1.
- Instant Replay: Tom Brady Throws TD Pass To Drew Brees' Son After Beating Dad In NFL Playoffs (pageviews: 8592)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Inactive' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 6703)
- San Francisco 49ers Sign Former BYU Lineman Corbin Kaufusi (pageviews: 2422)
- Former Weber State Star Taron Johnson Ties NFL Postseason Record In Divisional Round Win (pageviews: 2316)
- Former BYU RB Jamaal Williams Helps Packers Run Into NFC Championship Game (pageviews: 2075)
- Utah State Releases Findings Of Investigation Into Comments Made By USU President About Frank Maile - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1477)
- BYU Basketball Takes On San Francisco Seeking Another Resume Building Win - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1391)
- Saints List QB Taysom Hill As 'Questionable' For NFC Divisional Round Against Buccaneers (pageviews: 1350)
- Analysis: BYU Basketball Reveals Team Identity During Road Sweep - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1067)