Tony Finau Announces PGA Tour Return After Bout With COVID-19
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Tony Finau returns to the PGA Tour for the first time in a month following a bout with COVID-19. Finau’s last start was on the final day of the U.S. Open where Finau would finish in a tie for eighth.
The news dropped late on Tuesday (October 21) evening when Finau published a video of himself test driving the new PING G425.
“COVID-19 got me pretty good not even gonna front,” Finau said in his post. “I’m healthy and ready to get back to it.”
The Zozo Championship was originally scheduled to be held in Japan, but due to schedule changes made by the PGA Tour due to the pandemic, this year’ss event will be held at Sherwood Country Club in California.
It is a 78 player field with no cut.
Finau is tasked with ramping up his preparation for the upcoming Masters tournament which is now only two weeks away.
Finau will play alongside Tyler Duncan and Corey Conners for the first two days. He will tee off the first tee on Thursday at 1:12 a.m. and off the 10th tee at 12:18 a.m. on Friday.
Other notables in the field include Tiger Woods, Xander Schauffele, Mathew Wolff, Patrick Reed, Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott, Jon Rahm and Justin Thomas.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)