Western Athletic Conference Revises Basketball, Fall Sports Formats
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Western Athletic Conference announced a revised format for its men’s and women’s basketball programs and some fall sports.
The conference announced the change in schedules on Wednesday, October 21.
“For basketball, the conference portion of the schedule will begin on Jan. 7 and will feature back-to-back games against the same opponent at the same site,” the WAC said is a statement. “Each team will host four opponents and travel to four opponents over the course of nine weeks. The WAC Basketball Tournaments are set for March 10-13 at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas.”
Two universities from the state of Utah, Utah Valley University and Dixie State University, are members of the Western Athletic Conference.
In addition to men’s and women’s basketball, the following athletic programs will also play with a revised format:
- Men’s and women’s soccer
- Women’s volleyball
- Men’s and women’s cross country
Men’s soccer will begin play during the first week in February 2021. Women’s soccer will start a couple of weeks later.
The conference announced that it will not hold an Indoor Track and Field Championship in 2021.
Volleyball programs will start a nine-week conference schedule in late January 2021.
The WAC said that “schedules for all involved sports will be released when finalized.”
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)