Utah Running Back T.J. Green Enters Transfer Portal
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah junior running back T.J. Green has entered his name in the transfer portal.
Green announced his decision to leave Utah on Twitter on Wednesday.
“First off, I want to thank God and my family. I’d also like to thank the Utah Football program for playing a part in helping me achieve my dreams, including graduating with my Bachelor’s Degree,” Green wrote. “I want to thank Ute Nation for welcoming me with open arms and showing me nothing but love all these years. To my teammates who have become my brothers, I am incredibly grateful for your support and to have played alongside you for the past few years. We are family forever. This decision has come after deep thought and conversations with those close to me. With that being said, I have decided to enter my name into the transfer portal, and I am excited for what my future holds.”
This was certainly a possibility after head coach Kyle Whittingham said on Saturday after Utah’s first scrimmage of fall camp that Green was not among the running backs that would travel with the Utes this season.
“I think we’ve established that we know who just generally speaking the running backs that are going to be traveling with us and be the guys that are in the mix. It was those four that I mentioned. TJ Green, didn’t quite have the production that the other guys had in this game. Although he did a couple nice things as well,” Whittingham stated.
The four running backs that Whittingham mentioned included Devin Brumfield, Jordan Wilmore, Ty Jordan and Micah Bernard. Green entered his junior season from Chandler, Arizona. Through three seasons with the Utes, Green appeared in 25 games. After using his redshirt as a freshman in 2017, Green played in 12 games in 2018 and finished with 36 carries for 190 yards.
Last season, Green played in 13 games, while recording 23 rush attempts for 68 yards and one touchdown. His lone score came against Arizona.
Green is the second Utah player to put his name in the transfer portal during fall camp, joining wide receiver Jaylen Dixon.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)