Jazz Helping Support Voter Registration Campaigns
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Utah Jazz are making an effort to up voter registration in the state of Utah. The franchise has supported multiple non-partisan voter registration campaigns ahead of the November 3 general election. The Jazz have hoped to make voters aware of state deadlines and the vote-by-mail process.
The team supported efforts by Voto Latino in Ogden and West Valley aimed at uniting and empowering the Latinx community.
“Last week’s outdoor events, where all volunteers were required to wear masks and complied with public health guidelines, are a component of the Jazz organization’s commitment to promote civic participation and increase access to voting,” The team announced.
In August, the team announced it would make Vivint Arena a polling center for the November election, as well as multiple Megaplex theaters, owners by the Miller family.
“The Jazz organization’s nonpartisan civic education campaign also leverages the team’s digital assets and voice to provide online resources for voters,” According to the release. “The team has created an online election hub, housed on www.utahjazz.com, and has used its social media channels to inform fans about key deadlines.”
“All Jazz players who are eligible are registered to vote,” The team announced. “Last month, the Jazz officially joined “Rally the Vote,” a nonpartisan coalition of more than 50 professional franchises across seven sports leagues to promote civic participation and encourage fans to make their voices heard.”
On Tuesday night, Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell will join vice-presidential nominee Kalama Harris, along with Portland Trail Blazers guard CJ McCollum and Philadephia 76ers forward Tobias Harris for a roundtable discussing issues facing the country on PlayersTV.
- BYU TE Matt Bushman Unveils Alternate Black Uniforms For SDSU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3835)
- ESPN Misses Utes' Series As Camera Feeds Go Offline During USC/Utah Game (pageviews: 3604)
- Reports: Washington Reached Out To BYU To Play, Cougars Wanted Firm Commitment - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1916)
- Jazz Unveil Revamped Dark Mode City Edition Jersey - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1577)
- Saints QB Taysom Hill Completes Career-Long Pass On TD Drive Against Falcons (pageviews: 1308)
- Utah Head Coach Larry Krystkowiak Reveals COVID-19 Diagnosis - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1284)
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe Releases Statement In Response To Scheduling Reports - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1281)
- Utah Football's Game Against Arizona State Moved To Sunday, Nov. 29 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1153)
- Utah QB Jake Bentley Replaces Cam Rising Following Apparent Injury Against USC (pageviews: 910)