Utah Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Sinks Threes Over Best Prospect In The World
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert buried three-point shots over what some basketball experts are calling one the NBA’s best prospects.
On Saturday, October 17, French club Nanterre 92 posted video of the Jazzman nailing triples over Victor Wembanyama.
In February, ESPN‘s Mike Schmitz called Wembanyama “the top prospect in all of Europe, regardless of age.”
During a workout with Nanterre, Gobert connected on shots from beyond the arc with the young star defending him.
View this post on Instagram
Gobert’s work at extending his range is interesting as he’s only taken three shots from downtown in his NBA career.
The Jazz center is 0-3 on three-pointers and last attempted a triple during the 2016-17 season. During his second season in 2014-15, Gobert attempted a pair of threes.
About Victor Wembanyama
Wembanyama is a 7-foot-2-inch, 198 pound French center with a 7-foot-8 wingspan. He is what Schmitz called “undeniably a strong candidate to hear his name called No. 1 overall when the 2023 draft rolls around.”
“Despite his huge feet and thin frame, he moves like a wing. Not only does he put a lid on the rim like Rudy Gobert, he also shows the floor-spacing potential of a young Kristaps Porzingis, with a far better handle and passing feel,” Schmitz said of the prospect. “Wembanyama will push off the break into pull-up jumpers or throw long outlets or behind the back passes to open teammates.”
About Rudy Gobert
The Jazz center recently completed his seventh season in the NBA, all of which have been as a member of the Jazz.
Gobert helped the Jazz reached the postseason for the fourth straight season in 2019-20.
The two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year earned his first NBA All-Star selection last season as well.
Gobert has been a member of the league’s All-Defensive First Team since 2017.
Last season, Gobert averaged 15.1 points, 13.5 rebounds (career-high), 1.5 assists, 2.0 blocks, and 0.8 steals per game.
- Shaq Doesn't Like Painting Of Donovan Mitchell Dunking On Him - KSL Sports (pageviews: 6097)
- Steve Kerr Thinks Jazz Are Where Warriors Were 'Three Or Four Years Ago' - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2413)
- Donovan Mitchell Responds To Shaq; Media, Celebrities React - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1698)
- Utah Gymnast Fighting To Make Olympic Trials After Bout With COVID-19 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1631)
- Jimmer Fredette Continues To Ball Out In China, Drops 70 Points - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1268)
- Jazz Obliterate The Warriors On Historic Night - KSL Sports (pageviews: 977)
- Local NFL Players, Coaches Participating In Super Bowl LV On February 7 (pageviews: 914)
- BYU Guard Alex Barcello Loses Part Of Tooth During Pepperdine Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 865)
- NFL Star JJ Watt Praises Former BYU TE Matt Bushman For Creating Foundation - KSL Sports (pageviews: 717)