Former Utah LB Francis Bernard Signs With Dallas Cowboys’ 53-Man Roster
DALLAS, Tex. – Former Utah linebacker Francis Bernard is officially a member of the 53-man roster for the Dallas Cowboys.
Bernard signed his contract with Dallas on Saturday. He was promoted from the practice squad last week and is now on the active roster for the rest of the season.
The former Ute posted his signing on Instagram.
“Hard work pays off. ‘Don’t ever count yourself in, but sure as hell don’t count yourself out.’ I’m so excited to have signed today to the Cowboys 53-man roster. Now gotta keep pressing,” Bernard posted.
His college teammate Bradlee Anae is also a rookie on the 53-man roster for the Cowboys.
Bernard signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent and was tremendous during training camp. He was waived but signed to the practice squad. In his NFL debut last week against the Cleveland Browns, Bernard played 13 special team snaps and picked up a solo tackle.
Dallas is 1-3 on the season and have lost two straight. They started the season with a 20-17 loss to the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday Night Football. The Cowboys bounced back with a huge comeback win over the Atlanta Falcons, 40-39 in Week 2 at home. Then they went on the road in Week 3 and lost to the Seattle Seahawks, 38-31. Last week, they fell to the Browns, 49-38.
This week they will host the New York Giants, who are 0-4 on the year. The NFC East battle will be on Sunday at 2:25 p.m. MT on CBS.
- Who Is Ryan Smith? Besides The New Owner Of The Utah Jazz (pageviews: 6616)
- Kirk Herbstreit Can't Wait To See Where CFB Playoff Committee Ranks BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4602)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control Of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2421)
- Ryan Smith Intends To Keep Jazz In Utah After Buying Team - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2317)
- What Does Utah Jazz New Owner Ryan Smith Bring To The Team? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1984)
- Jazz Players React To Team Being Sold To Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1890)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1701)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Miller - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1674)
- Five Takeaways From BYU Football Depth Chart Heading Into WKU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1495)
- Kearns High Football Drops Out Of Playoffs Due To COVID-19 Spread - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1355)