Former University Of Utah Football Player, Business Associate, Sues Tony Finau For $16 Million
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – PGA Tour golfer Tony Finau, his brother, Gipper, father, Gary and agent Christopher Armstrong are being sued by a former business associate to the Finau family, Molonai Hola for $16 million.
The suit has been filed in Utah’s 3rd District Court and claims that Hola paid for Finau’s expenses for multiple years with the agreement that he will be reimbursed but is yet to be compensated.
Statement From Finau Camp
KSL Sports received the following statement from Armstrong regarding the lawsuit: “We are aware of the matter and have the utmost faith in the legal process. We will not be making further comment at this time.”
Hola’s relationship with the Finau family began in 1977 when Finau was still in grade school. Hola reportedly paid for both Finau and his brother Gipper’s expenses for multiple years. Specific payments included mortgage payments, medical insurance, a new car and multiple golf-related expenses such as travel costs and tournament fees.
According to Hola, the total sum in which he paid the Finau family totaled $592,371.37 over multiple years. Furthermore, Hola claims that he and the Finau family agreed that he would receive 20 percent of any future professional earnings made by the Finau family.
Thus far, Finau has made $20,294,565 in official PGA earnings.
The suit details the $592,371.37 plus interest and compensatory damages totaling $16 million.
Hola, according to his LinkedIn profile, played football for the University of Utah between 1983-1987 before attending the Harvard Business School in 2002. Currently, Hola is the President, CEO and Founder of Pacific Pure Energy and hopes to “develop 20 Marriott hotels and build a management company to manage these 20 and other hotels on the islands of Hawaii.”
- Cardinals Remember Utah Legend Larry Wilson With No. 8 Patch On Jerseys - KSL Sports (pageviews: 7716)
- BYU Enters Top 10 Of Coaches Poll, Moves Up In AP Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2579)
- BYU Punter Ryan Rehkow Busts For Cougars' Longest Run Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 1740)
- Cardinals Remember Utah Legend Larry Wilson With No. 8 Patch On Jerseys - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1589)
- BYU Enters Top 10 Of Coaches Poll, Moves Up In AP Top 25 - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1190)
- Utah Football To Begin 2020 Season In Afternoon Tilt Against Arizona - KSL Sports (pageviews: 995)
- BYU To Wear Ghost White Uniforms On Halloween Against WKU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 836)
- BYU Punter Ryan Rehkow Busts For Cougars' Longest Run Of 2020 Season (pageviews: 831)
- Report: Former BYU Star Yoeli Childs Interviewed By Knicks, Making "Strong Impression" On Teams (pageviews: 601)