Kyle Whittingham, Lynne Roberts, Larry Krystkowiak Release Statements After Pac-12 Announcement
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – University of Utah football and basketball will be returning in the near future after the Pac-12 announced the return of fall and winter sports.
Utah football will begin their season the weekend of November 6 and 7. Men’s and women’s basketball will tip-off their season November 25.
The three head coaches of Utah’s programs released statements on Friday evening.
Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham released the following statement:
“Our players have done a great job staying focused over the course of the past several months and have worked extremely hard through all of the uncertainty. We’re excited that we’ve been given the go-ahead to play football this fall and look forward to getting the season underway,” Whittingham said.
Utah women’s basketball head coach Lynne Roberts released the following statement:
“With all of the unknowns student-athletes from around the country have faced this year, it is exciting to officially be one step closer to our team getting to compete in the sport they love. I have been really impressed with our team and how they have managed this situation. I know they are chomping at the bit to compete again, and we can’t wait to get the season started. We will continue to work with our university and the Pac-12 to ensure the health and safety of our student-athletes as we continue to move forward together,” Roberts said.
Runnin’ Utes head coach Larry Krystkowiak released the following statement:
“It’s a big day for our basketball program, fans and league as a whole. Our team has been working tirelessly at home during this whole pandemic and I couldn’t be more proud of the hard work they’ve put in. It’s been great having them back on campus together and getting them connected for the upcoming season. There hasn’t been a lot of good news since this whole thing started back in March, so this is definitely a win for everyone involved. I know the staff and our players are thrilled and eager to hit the court full swing and get ready for the upcoming season. There is still a lot of work to be done until then, but we’re just happy as everyone else in our conference to know we’ll be playing some basketball come Nov. 25,” Krystkowiak said.
- BYU Basketball's Gavin Baxter To Have MRI On Injured Knee - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2951)
- Former BYU Forward Yoeli Childs Officially Signs With Washington Wizards (pageviews: 1169)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Will Be Game-Time Decision For New Orleans (pageviews: 1074)
- Utah Jazz Officially Sign Former BYU Guard Jake Toolson (pageviews: 1072)
- Donovan Mitchell: Contract 'A Relief', Wants Championship In Utah - KSL Sports (pageviews: 849)
- Podcasts Archives - KSL Sports (pageviews: 779)
- Donovan Mitchell Keeps Tweeting At The Uno People - KSL Sports (pageviews: 728)
- Four-Star Timpview DE Logan Fano Commits To BYU Over Utah, Washington - KSL Sports (pageviews: 667)
- Former Ute Garett Bolles Signs Four-Year Contract Extension With Denver Broncos (pageviews: 652)