Report: NBA Will Allow Advertisements On Practice Jerseys
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The NBA is making room for additional advertisements on teams practice jerseys. According to The Athletic’s Shams Charania, the league will allow additional space for an advertising “asset” on practice and shoot around jerseys.
The NBA first added jersey patches for NBA teams game day jerseys in 2017 and have been an overwhelming success for both the league and the brands associated with the patches.
“The NBA first allowed its teams to sell 2-1/2 by 2-1/2-inch ad patches on uniforms for the 2017-18 season, generating more than $150 million in incremental sponsorship revenue, largely from new brands,” According to Sports Business Journal. “More than 20 patch sponsors were doing business with NBA teams for the first time.”
In February, officials from the NBA said they believed the patches increase in value by 30 percent as the league allows international sponsors to advertise in the increasingly global sport.
Jazz Existing Jersey Patch Sponsor
The Jazz have an existing relationship with the Utah based tech company Qualtrics. Instead of the Qualtrics logo, the Jazz and the company have used the jersey space to spread awareness for their “5 for the Fight” campaign which raises money for cancer research.
As of 2019, the Jazz and Qualtrics had raised more than $24 million. The “5 for the Five” patch is the only advertising space on jerseys leaguewide that serves to raise money for a cause rather than a business venture. The Jazz current deal with Qualtrics runs through 2023.
The team’s practice jersey currently is currently sponsored by Zions Bank, who also owns the naming rights to the Jazz “Zions Bank Basketball Campus” where the team practices.
Charania’s report did not elaborate on the location or size of the new sponsorship logos that will be placed on practice and shootaround jerseys.
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3783)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2417)
- 32 Utah Jazz Free Agent Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1208)
- 2020 BYU Football Opponent Tracker: Season-Openers Highlight Week Three - KSL Sports (pageviews: 712)
- Mark Pope Wants BYU Basketball To Have Hardest Schedule They Can Possibly Play - KSL Sports (pageviews: 663)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 568)
- Top 10 Utah Jazz Free Agency Targets - KSL Sports (pageviews: 552)
- Timpview Prospect Jake Wahlin Couldn't Ignore His 'BYU Blood' In Commitment To Cougars - KSL Sports (pageviews: 544)
- Game Night Live - KSL Sports (pageviews: 537)