Adidas Drops Price Of Dame 6 Shoes In Celebration Of Damian Lillard’s 61-Point Performance
Lillard tied his Portland Trail Blazers franchise-record of 61 points in a 134-131 win over the Mavs on Tuesday, August 11. On Wednesday, August 12, Adidas matched the price of his signature kicks to his scoring total from the night before.
At full retail price, Adidas has Dame 6 shoes listed at $110 per pair.
In 2014, Lillard signed a long-term extension with the apparel company.
“adidas has been great to me over my first two seasons,” Lillard at the time. “I’ve had the opportunity to wear a lot of great product, help design special versions of shoes, be a part of TV commercials and travel the world with the brand. I’m excited for what the future holds for me and adidas.”
“Damian has proven to be not only an amazing basketball player, but a great partner, member of the community and someone who creates excitement for our products,” Chris Grancio, adidas head of global basketball sports marketing said in 2014. “His leadership and commitment to success on the court and his ability to interact and relate to fans through social media and the community make him the perfect fit to be one of the cornerstones of the adidas brand.”
The former Weber State star’s 61-point game was his second superb scoring outing in as many games. On August 9, Lillard dropped 51 points in a victory against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Through the first seven games of the NBA’s restart, the Blazers guard has scored 21 points or more in every contest and 45 points or more in three of those games.
This season, he is the league’s third-leading scorer with an average of 29.8 points per game.
In the seven seeding games, Lillard is averaging 37 points per contest and has led Portland to a 5-2 record inside the NBA’s bubble.
His 61-point performance not only helped the Blazers to a win over the Mavericks but it moved Portland into the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference standings.
Lillard and the Blazers close the regular season against the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday, August 13 at 7 p.m. (MDT). The game will broadcast on TNT.
About Damian Lillard
After starring for the Weber State Wildcats in Ogden from 2009-12, Lillard was selected by the Blazers with the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft. He won the NBA’s Rookie of the Year award after his debut season.
The former Weber State guard has played his entire NBA career with Portland.
Since he was drafted into the NBA, the Lillard has been named an All-Star five times. He was a member of the All-NBA First Team in 2018.
- BYU After Dark Shifts To Day Time With Announced Kickoff, TV Info For UTSA Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2938)
- BYU To Wear Tradition-Rich Uniform Combination Against LA Tech - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1865)
- Former BYU Stars Taysom Hill, Jamaal Williams Share Exchange During Packers/Saints Game (pageviews: 1676)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Shows Up On "Way Too Early Heisman" List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1568)
- Five Takeaways From BYU's Depth Chart Heading Into LA Tech Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1526)
- Former BYU Stars Taysom Hill, Jamaal Williams Share Exchange During Packers/Saints Game (pageviews: 1396)
- BYU QB Zach Wilson Earns National Recognitions For Career Night Against Troy - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1095)
- Utah Jazz NBA Draft Prospects: BYU Forward Yoeli Childs - KSL Sports (pageviews: 958)
- Five Takeaways From BYU's Depth Chart Heading Into LA Tech Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 952)
- BYU After Dark Shifts To Day Time With Announced Kickoff, TV Info For UTSA Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 872)