Artist Makes Custom Autism Awareness Themed Shoes For Joe Ingles
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – An artist who designed customized “Autism Awareness” themed sneakers for Utah Jazz guard Joe Ingles debuted the shoes on Instagram. Andrew Lewis, a shoe customizer, designed the shoes for Ingles to wear during Autism Awareness Month in April.
The Kobe AD Nike sneakers feature the puzzle design representing people living on the autistic spectrum, behind portraits of Ingles son Jacob who was diagnosed with autism in 2019.
“Put together a fun pair of Kobe ADs for my guy @joeingles7 to pay honor to his son Jacob,” Lewis wrote. “These were originally created to be worn back in April for Autism Awareness month but Covid had other ideas.”
“The uppers of this pair feature portraits of Jacob at varying age ranges as well as the colorful puzzle pattern that has become the most recognizable symbol of the autism community.”
The NBA season was suspended on March 11 after Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19. Ingles shared the shoes on his Instagram story Monday.
In 2019, shoe artist Kickstradomis created custom autism awareness themed shoes for Ingles, and teammates Ricky Rubio, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, and Ekpe Udoh.
Lewis’ Other Jazz Shoe Collaborations
Ingles isn’t the only Jazz player Lewis has collaborated with. The artist created similarly themed autism awareness shoes for All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell. The shoes featured the puzzle pattern on Mitchell’s Adidas Don Issue #1 and were planned for use in April.
“Created these “Autism Awareness” DON Issue 1’s for my guy @spidadmitchell to rock in support of @joeingles7 and his son and their foundation,” Lewis captioned the photo. “This pair along with numerous others I had the pleasure of creating will be auctioned off when the NBA resumes and the players are able to play in them.”
Lewis also designed Mitchell’s custom Don Issue #2 issue shoes that he debuted in the NBA bubble in Orlando. Mitchell’s shoes were emboldened with the phrases “Ready For Change” and “Say Their Names” to honor those who have lost their lives at the hands of police.
The Jazz will play their final seeding game against the San Antonio Spurs on Thursday in Orlando. The NBA playoffs begin Monday.
- Who Is Ryan Smith? Besides The New Owner Of The Utah Jazz (pageviews: 6616)
- Kirk Herbstreit Can't Wait To See Where CFB Playoff Committee Ranks BYU - KSL Sports (pageviews: 4602)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control Of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2421)
- Ryan Smith Intends To Keep Jazz In Utah After Buying Team - KSL Sports (pageviews: 2317)
- What Does Utah Jazz New Owner Ryan Smith Bring To The Team? - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1984)
- Jazz Players React To Team Being Sold To Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1890)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Smith - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1701)
- Miller Family Selling Majority Control of Utah Jazz To Qualtrics CEO Ryan Miller - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1674)
- Five Takeaways From BYU Football Depth Chart Heading Into WKU Game - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1495)
- Kearns High Football Drops Out Of Playoffs Due To COVID-19 Spread - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1355)