Damian Lillard Scores 51 Points In Trail Blazers Win Over Sixers
ORLANDO, Fla. – Former Weber State guard and current Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard dropped 51 points in their 124-121 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Lillard also had 3 rebounds and 7 assists in the win while shooting 16 of 28 from the field, 4 for 12 from the three-point line and 15-of-16 from the free-throw line. It’s his 10th 50-point game of his career.
The former Wildcat bounced back after missing two crucial free throws on Saturday in their 122-117 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.
It was a good start for Lillard as he finished with 14 points in the opening period. He scored 14 of their 33 points. In the second quarter, Lillard dropped 10 points to go to the halftime break with 24 points.
Lillard had a quiet quarter offensively in the third with 9 points on 3 of 8 shooting. He had 33 going into the fourth quarter. The final quarter is when Lillard went off for 18 points. Carmelo Anthony scored 8 of his 20 points in the final period. Lillard and Anthony combined for 26 of Portland’s 33 fourth quarter points.
While in the fourth, Lillard converted a four-point play and made a pull-up three-pointer in less than one minute. The Trail Blazers trailed 92-91 entering the fourth quarter before they outscored the Sixers 33-29.
In the NBA bubble, if the 9th place team is within four games of the eighth seed, they will have a play-in game to determine who will have the No. 8 spot going into the playoffs.
Portland improved their record 33-39 on the season and are currently in ninth place in the Western Conference standings. They are a half of a game behind the Memphis Grizzlies for the eighth spot. The Trail Blazers are one game ahead of the Phoenix Suns, who have yet to lose a game in the bubble. Portland is 4-2 in the reseeding games in Orlando. They have two more games left before a potential play-in game. First they will face the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday and will clash with the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday.
- Utah Company Not Renewing Jazz Suite After Racial Equality Protests - KSL Sports (pageviews: 8117)
- Utah Company Not Renewing Jazz Suite After Racial Equality Protests - KSL Sports (pageviews: 3786)
- BYU Announces Partnership With Opendorse To Create Name, Image, And Likeness Program - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1729)
- BYU's Matt Haarms Appears On Top College Basketball Players List - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1658)
- BYU Announces Partnership With Opendorse To Create Name, Image, And Likeness Program - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1641)
- Three Observations From BYU’s Big Win Over Troy - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1596)
- ESPN's College GameDay Makes Predictions For No. 18 BYU Against Troy - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1192)
- ESPN's College GameDay Makes Predictions For No. 18 BYU Against Troy - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1032)
- Utah Company Not Renewing Jazz Suite After Racial Equality Protests - KSL Sports (pageviews: 1028)